Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nesting???

(25 Posts)
AnotherHelen Wed 08-Jun-05 13:16:29

Hello girls! is anyone 'nesting' yet? cleaning and decorating and rearranging everything like a mad woman or is it just me!!??? xxx

whitie Wed 08-Jun-05 17:32:22

I'm definitely with you! My poor dh has a constant list of little DIY jobs that we've never got round to before and are now urgent in my eyes I dragged my mum down last week to help decorate the nursery and make curtains, they both think it's quite funny that everything has to be done immediately. I'm constantly clearing out cupboards and re-arranging things, no harm in being prepared that's what I say!!

How far along are you anotherhelen? I'm 30wks and getting quite excited.

Thomcat Wed 08-Jun-05 17:35:47

i loved that part of pregnancy, I think it's lovely.

whimsy Wed 08-Jun-05 18:04:46

I am, can't sit still if there's a job to be done, im 35 weeks so can't do a lot in this heat

mogwai Thu 09-Jun-05 00:02:12

don't know about me...my dh is nesting like mad. He's even cleaned out the garage!

Mind you he has also become absent minded
(I haven't) and keeps dropping everything...I'm 38 weeks

marialou Thu 09-Jun-05 00:41:30

I am definately nesting, I am 31 weeks and have decorated the kitchen and am halfway through the bathroom.
Much to DP's disgust he says I should be resting more he works nights and every time he comes home something is different. I re-arranged all the kitchen cupboards whie he was at work, he came home in the morning and couldn't find the plates to have his breakfast before he came to bed

Chandra Thu 09-Jun-05 01:13:29

Oh... the nesting time... I took the vacuum cleaner out and hoovered the garden.

Rochwen Thu 09-Jun-05 13:10:26

Mhmmmm, I'm 32 weeks and I haven't done anything yet, not bought a thing, not tidyied anything nor have I decided what to do with the nursery.

I really hope this nesting instinct will kick in soon.

AnotherHelen Thu 09-Jun-05 15:27:51

Well im 25 weeks so i guess i am starting a little early aye? but my need right now is to decorate and rearrange every room in the house - not only do i need to clear the room but i then need to redecorate it go through everything i took out and then put it all back in a more organized manner! my mum thinks i've lost the plot! - me too if im honest as usually im happy just to have a nice tidy house and thats it - not to constantly rearrange every room! i dread to think what i will be like by the time im 30+ weeks!! think i need help!! xxx

Rochwen Thu 09-Jun-05 17:10:50

Helen, want to come round and do my house too?

mrsdarcy Fri 10-Jun-05 13:30:26

I'm 33 weeks and I wish the nesting instict would kick in. We moved to this house only a few months ago so some frenzied nesting is just what it needs. However, I have just woken up from my morning nap, and am about to go back to bed for my after lunch nap!
Are those nesters amongst you not too big and tired for it? When I have tried moving things around I just get so breathless that I have to stop.

missycantstop Fri 10-Jun-05 14:25:08

hi, im 32 weeks pregnant and cant stop moving things around. i know i shouldnt be lifting wardrobes etc but i cant help it. nesting kicked in about 3weeks ago. I think my partner is getting stressed about it as i spend everyday tidying the house and garden and if i dont do it i end up getting over stressed and taking it out on my partner and crying. My two children must think im mad they are only 1 and 2 years. Is anyone else as obsessed as i am when it comes to nesting??? im only 19.

lilaclotus Fri 10-Jun-05 14:27:16

i remember at 40 weeks i climbed on the kitchen work top and to clean the windows... dh told me off big time!

Newbarnsleygirl Fri 10-Jun-05 14:29:44

I remember stripping and re painting the front door. I even bought new handles, door knocker and letterbox, lol!

The whole of our upstairs was re-decorated as well. I couldn't rest until it was done.

Bagpuss30 Fri 10-Jun-05 15:04:36

Well, I'm 37 weeks today and to celebrate I have just taken everything out of our large understairs cupboard (which is a kind of utility area) and bought and put up some shelves and sorted it all out. There's loads for dh to take to the tip at the weekend now .

Joseyjo Fri 10-Jun-05 18:20:49

is it normal that i stayed up to 10.30pm last night ironing cot sheets that i spent the day washing?!!! i am only 23 weeks.... is it going to get worse or better?

AnotherHelen Sat 11-Jun-05 11:59:12

Ithink id be happy to come and do EVERYONE'S house right now im getting pee'd off with myself as i cant do my house anymore in fear of it falling down around me from to much scrubbing! i imagine im only going to get worse! - with my last pregnancy my house went to the knackers but my kitchen had to be good! i spent ALL day and i mean ALL day cleaning it it started when i was about 28 weeks and by the time i got to 38/39 weeks i would wash all my pots and then take them out the cupboards and do them all again as i just HAD to wash pots all the time! in the end i used to go so bonkers id go round to my friends house and wash all her kitchen too she just thought i was entertaining! god knows what my house is going to look like in a few weeks! xxx

mrsdarcy Sun 12-Jun-05 18:59:50

We did the essential heavily pregnany trip to Ikea yesterday and I think it's made the nesting instinct kick in! Maybe that's what you need, Rochwen!

I'm too superstitious to buy baby things but we bought bookcases (we had 27 built into our old house so need an awful lot - we bought 3!!). I think my nesting had been put on hold because the jobs I am keen to do all require some intiial co-operation from DH - Ikea, lifting, carrying etc. He's beginning to do some of them so hopefully I'll get sorting out hte house.
I'm nowhere near to washing all the pots though, AnotherHelen!

flamesparrow Sun 12-Jun-05 19:25:13

Ok... so I'm nesting and I'm not heavily pregnant

Could very very very early preg hormones make you nest too???

SusiS Mon 13-Jun-05 09:01:36

i am only 24 weeks and started already!! but there is sooooo many things to do! i finally managed to get ds' new room cleared out! (well, had to kick dp to bring the sofa down ) - now it needs cleaning, ripping off and decorating. the same to his old room.
since i am at it i'd like to do our bedroom too (needs a new carpet and paint)
and i desperatly need some furniture!!!
and and and ... will it ever end???

milward Mon 13-Jun-05 09:04:24

The only thing that I wish I could organise now is the school equipment lists for next year and all the packing for dds school field trip in october. Just keep thinking how much easier it would be to do now.

Tessiebear Mon 13-Jun-05 09:25:15

I am 38 weeks pg and have been idly nesting for a few weeks but now i am SERIOUSLY nesting -It has got to the stage that DH is afraid to stand still for fear of a DIY job being given to him - yesterday he saw me holding a piece of paper and said "Another list???" with a look of sorrow on his face! I cannot walk past a drawer without turning the whole thing out and dumping half of its contents and sorting the rest!!!!
Friend have been phoning to invite me for a coffee and i have said No in favour of househol chores!!!!
My list for today: Sort ou the airing cupboard ..... um yikes i am actually running out of things to do.

QueenFlounce Mon 13-Jun-05 09:27:12

Toward the end of my pregnancy with ds I went on a cleaning frenzy! I had to admit I was OTT when I went around cleaning light switches and sockets.

BTW... for future reference.... Huggy's baby wipes get emulsion off of sockets a treat!

Twiga Mon 13-Jun-05 09:28:09

Happening in this house too - not normally a tidy person but have turned into a bit of a neat freak, even the dishes have been being done straight away. In the process of decorating the living room, everything all over the house and driving me nuts - have got it all arranged in neat wee piles though , looking fwd to tomorrow when the carpet arrives and everything can be put back in place. Dh thinks I'm loosing the plot - told him this morning that nothing is getting past the living room door when it's done if it doesn't belong in there - been discribed lately as tired and a little psychotic! Am 28+5!

bumptobabies Tue 21-Jun-05 10:33:57

hip hip hoorah all you nesters its somthing to be really pleased about.
it means that your body has started to produce natural endorphines which are desighed to enable you to manage the pain of the contractions, so when in labour if you are able to feel safe,in control, calm and try to close your eyes as much as possable your body will produce even more of these endorphines you may not even need any drugs so hooorah

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now