Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Blood loss in early pregnancy

(9 Posts)
linzirose Thu 01-Oct-09 11:07:54

Hello, Im so confused and concerned!
I am around 4 weeks pregnant,i had a positive teat result very early,and within a few days i started bleeding. The first sign of blood was pink and it slowly changed troughout the day and following days to brown and mixed with a litle fresh red and then it went on to stringy dark brown discharge and the blood loss looked almoast black. I went to the Gyne unit where the took my blood,and results showed a low level of hcg of 46 had an internal scan also, which showed nothing,they said it was just too early.48 hours later another blood test and the hcg had gone up to 56 but not doubled! They arranged for me to go back for a third test after another 48 hours and at this time id had no spotting for 12 hours,and my hcg had doubled and i was so happy! Had no sign of blood for another 2 days and started to relax...then my worst fear, it started again! This time with bad cramps and bright red fresh blood (no clots) This fresh blood has been a little lighter than a period,i def need a pad on now, where as i didn't before,but dont soak through or anything. The bleeding starts and stops,ive been going about my normal day, and always know ive started bleeding when the lower tummy stars to ache like a bad period pain. The thing i dont understand is, at night the period cramps ease off the bleeding stops and i dont lose,not untill around 9am? I would have thought the blood loss would have been constant if i was miscarrying??? I have another scan tomorrow and i am not very hopeful. Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts or similar experiences on this?

NanaNina Thu 01-Oct-09 12:35:30

Hello Linzirose - my dil went through bleeding during the first 3 months of her pregnancy earlier this year and she like you was understandably very anxious. She told me that she just dreaded going to the loo and spent her first 12 weeks just living in fear. Her bleeding started and stopped but sorry I don't have specific details. I know she went to hospital everytime it happened and they couldn't find any cause. It stopped at around 3 months I think and she had no more problems. You could google it but I know sometimes this can raise anxiety. I'm sure someone else will be along soon who has better info on this.

Hope all turns out well for you and your baby

linzirose Thu 01-Oct-09 15:02:19

Thank you for your message NanaNina,my fingers are tightly crossed for good news for tomorrow. I will update when i know.

miamla Thu 01-Oct-09 15:05:19

don't give up hope yet linzirose. i had very similar experience to you and the result of that pregnancy is happily sleeping upstairs at the moment

i hope you come back with wonderful news tomorrow. what time's your scan?

linzirose Thu 01-Oct-09 15:49:57

How lovely Miamla,im glad things worked out well for you. I wont give up all hope just yet. My scan is at 11am tomorrow.

miamla Fri 02-Oct-09 08:40:46

I'll be thinking of you at 11

linzirose Fri 02-Oct-09 13:58:01

Bad news for me this time

geraldinetheluckygoat Fri 02-Oct-09 14:01:25

Really sorry to hear that, Linzirose sad I had a similar experience to this and it is heartbreaking. Hope you have someone to look after you x

miamla Fri 02-Oct-09 14:02:34

oh no
i'm so sorry to hear that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now