Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Swaddling blankets recommendation needed

(14 Posts)
pootle09 Wed 30-Sep-09 21:54:54

I tried swaddling last time but it wasn't very successful. I was using mothercare flatsheets - the moses basket ones were too small and the cot sized ones were too big, and being oblong they were pretty much the wrong shape.

I thought I'd buy some proper swaddling blankets this time round. Can you recommend any?

MrsHappy Wed 30-Sep-09 22:02:03

I give people these as presents and they seem to go down well. They are the right size and not too thick. I'm going to get myself one this time!

If you want something shaped, bump to 3 do these which look easy to use. I have used something similar in the past and it was fine.

mitfordsisters Wed 30-Sep-09 22:02:40

You can get ones with flaps that you tuck their little arms in - more secure - I think Mothercare does them. Also, those cotton cellular blankets work better than sheets as they stretch.

helpivegottogivebirth Wed 30-Sep-09 22:03:34

I use the ones on the Lula Sapphire website (link below). My daughter is 4 months and they are still big enough to swaddle her.

greensnail Wed 30-Sep-09 22:07:02

I used the grobag swaddling wraps. Found them great and very easy to use. DD used to manage to break out if I tried to swaddle her with anything else!

londonlottie Thu 01-Oct-09 07:29:37

Message withdrawn

timmette Thu 01-Oct-09 07:33:54

My ds son was swadled from birth to 8 months, from 4 months his arms were free but he liked the feel of being wrapped around his body and he slept like an angel. He was also in sleeping bags from birth even with swadling you just adjust the amount of clothing.
Re. grobags here on the continent the have been using sleeping bags for a lot longer and any brand will do as long as it is tog rated.

londonlottie Thu 01-Oct-09 07:58:36

Message withdrawn

timmette Thu 01-Oct-09 08:08:01

Hi yes it's that cold sometimes here also and you learn to adjust, keep the bedroom a costant temp - get a room thermometer, then the outside temp has little affect on their sleeping temp if you get what I mean it will be the same every night in your bedroom. I would start with the layers you mention and just keep cheking if they look a bit warm then you can take sleep suit off and leave with bodysuit, socks, sleeping bag swadling etc. It's just a matter of practice until you find what suits them best.
Goind outside in that temp is something else grin.

karlu Wed 07-Oct-09 05:35:33

Have you seen this one from Merinokids?this page
It's for the first 3 months and looks cosy.

Toppy Tue 13-Oct-09 21:32:34

I tried lots of different swaddles which I have now ditched and sold on eBay before finding Swaddleme by Kiddopotamus. They are amazing as are foolproof, do not have any uncomfy excess fabric that you need to wrap/poke in anywhere (as with something like the Ultimate Swaddling blanket) and my two have both slept like angels in them. They come in 2 sizes in cotton and the small one comes in a super cosy microfleece which I use when it is cold.

sazm Tue 13-Oct-09 21:36:07

i also used he kiddopotamus one,great things,and was only about £9 new from ebay,they have lovely fabrics too,

mcflumpy Fri 16-Oct-09 06:31:10

We use the miracle blanket for our DD she is now 18 weeks and maybe just about to outgrow it. It has been brilliant. We are currently transitioning her into a peke moe as she is still flails about and punches herself on the nose etc if unswaddled.

MrsMc82 Fri 16-Oct-09 07:15:20

Hi ladies, sorry to hijack the thread with own question but just wondered what my ds (due jan in the uk) will need to wear under a swaddleme, will he need a blanket on top as well and how of many them should i get? X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now