Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So the hormonal weepiness thing has just kicked in...

(9 Posts)
LadyoftheBathtub Wed 30-Sep-09 16:04:30

I remember being ridiculously easily moved to tears last time but hadn't had it with this pg so far - too busy feeling sick I think.

But today - did anyone hear Roy Hudd on Radio 4 this morning talking about his mum coming out of hospital with his new little brother? She left the pram for granny to get, and ran to hug Roy so he didn't feel left out. I had to stop the car and blub my eyes out.

And then it got worse. DP is off work with a cold and I just started crying because he said his toast was really nice.

<sniff>

Share yours please so I feel a bit less pathetic!

reikizen Wed 30-Sep-09 16:06:35

Oh god, I still do that now when pre-menstrual. Song lyrics do it for me particularly.

meemarsgotabrandnewbump Wed 30-Sep-09 16:08:04

I cried a few weeks ago at that little girl on the Green Balloon Club singing blushblushblush

flybynight Wed 30-Sep-09 18:07:48

I collected my 5 yr old daughter from a childrens party on saturday. The entertainer said that the children had all been a credit to their mums. I cried all the way through the Hokey Cokey as a result. Freak.

Bexybear Wed 30-Sep-09 22:33:25

ahhh

even uber rational me has been welling up at just about anything the last few weeks possibly mostly self pity at how fecking awful i feel but my parents came over to look after me and DS for a few days and dad bought a Peter, Paul and Mary CD with him (british folk trio form the 50s?). By the time they had three part harmonised their way through Leaving on a Jet Plane and other classics i was in bits. Eventually had to ask dad to turn it off half way through Puff the Magic Dragon. blush

MamaLazarou Thu 01-Oct-09 03:43:51

Ha ha ha, flybynight! That made me laugh lots grin

I cried twice on the way to work this morning: once when I saw a thin fox, and once when I saw a 'worried-looking' dog.

My boss's dog died a few weeks ago and I think I cried more than she did, although I have never met the dog and have only known my boss for a few weeks. He was very old and went peacefully in his sleep, but I was inconsolable.

I welled up in the park the other day because I was worried that the deer weren't warm enough.

I can't wait til the baby is born so I can go back to being a heartless bitch again. grin

CantThinkofFunnyName Thu 01-Oct-09 12:58:34

I knocked over a glass of water this morning. Have been bawling ever since (26 wks today). Don't really know why I'm crying - just feel down I guess.

AngelaCarleen Thu 01-Oct-09 17:41:42

I was bawling my eyes out this morning trying to play singstar, I think it was 'you can't hurry love' I was singing, I can't even remember what bit it was, only that the kitten was sat looking at me like hmm. grin. (and it was the lyrics not my terrible voice that started me off smile)

GuernseyFrench Thu 01-Oct-09 18:55:57

I was on the office at home and try to get the computer back from 'sleep'. The screen was staying black so I called my husband on the phone and told him in tears that I broke down his computer!
He came home a few hours later and I was still emotional about breaking his computer. It turns that I did not click on the good button!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now