Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The John Wayne walk....

(5 Posts)
herethereandeverywhere Tue 29-Sep-09 20:48:17

Ok, excuse the ignorance but what is it that causes the infamous "John Wayne" walk in the final stages of pregnancy? Is it weight/pressure low down or pain/discomfort?

The reason I ask is that I'm 39+4 and desperate for the baby to make an appearance. Last weeks Drs appointment said the head wasn't even engaged yet Since then I've been getting sharp up the foof shooting pains from time to time (sorry if TMI!). This seemed to get worse on my walk to the shops today which resulted in a John Wayne stylee walk.

I'm fantasising it's the head getting into position so I can meet my baby - do you think it is? Thoughts appreciated, thanks.

rubyslippers Tue 29-Sep-09 20:49:31

mine is caused my SPD and having an enormous bump

i look like a weeble

i am 39 weeks +++ with DC2 and baby is not engaged

you have my sympathies

MamaLazarou Thu 01-Oct-09 03:50:21

I'm John Wayne-ing already and am only 23 weeks! I have osteo-arthritis as well, though. People at work have been taking the piss out of me, grrrrr! angry

herethereandeverywhere Thu 01-Oct-09 08:31:06

You poor things! I should be grateful I've got away with odema and carpel tunnel!!

Well, still no sign of baby, due date is tomorrow so I'm hoping for a punctual one!

alana39 Thu 01-Oct-09 14:21:50

herethereandeverywhere it's usually when the head engages so what you describe sounds like it has moved down. Won't be long now smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now