Talk

Advanced search

WWYD...dont want to bother midwives unneccesarily

(12 Posts)
bumpyandfrumpy Tue 29-Sep-09 15:26:33

Am 32 weeks, got tummy bug from D. Was violently ill this morning and have been having stomach cramps since. Thing is my bump HURTS. It keeps having stabbing pains sort of all over bump. Some of them are enough to make me scream ow/bring tear to my eye but they do go quite quickly.
I dont want to expose anyone to this bug unless I have to...would you bother them?

bumpyandfrumpy Tue 29-Sep-09 15:27:11

That would be DS who gave it to me. Sorry for typos, sticky keys

claricebeansmum Tue 29-Sep-09 15:27:56

Yes - that is what they are therefore.
Get in touch now and see if you can see somebody this pm.

nigglewiggle Tue 29-Sep-09 15:30:01

Give them a call. If they don't NEED to see you then all well and good, but I suspect they will want to check you over.

bumpyandfrumpy Tue 29-Sep-09 16:36:17

Midwives are never around. NHS direct have told me to take paracetemol and not to bother MWs unless I think I'm in labour...

nigglewiggle Tue 29-Sep-09 16:47:18

Where are you? I always had a number to get hold of a community MW, and the mob no of my own MW. In theory she would only answer when on duty, but she would always seem to be available. Hopefully NHS Direct have put your mind at rest.

DaisymooSteiner Tue 29-Sep-09 16:49:36

I would suggest you phone your local delivery unit.

Reallytired Tue 29-Sep-09 16:51:24

Why don't you see your GP if you can't see a midwife, s/he can take your blood pressure and make sure you are OK

bumpyandfrumpy Tue 29-Sep-09 17:11:27

I left a message for the MWs hours ago. GP has no appts til Thursday. I'll just wait and see.

floatyjosmum Tue 29-Sep-09 17:38:48

i think id ring the delivery suite and explain to them that you couldnt get hold of midwife or go to your emergency doctors.
it might be nothing but i always think its best to check and make sure x

ReneRusso Tue 29-Sep-09 17:51:15

I think this is one for the GP not midwife. If it was me, I would ask for one of the GPs to phone me back. Then they can decide if its an emergency, and fit you in if necessary.

nigglewiggle Wed 30-Sep-09 14:38:35

How did you get on Bumpy?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now