Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

no period;in my early 40s;taken x 2 cheap pregnancy tests which are neg.had my tubes tied during c.section 9 yrs ago. anyone?

(22 Posts)
cutekids Tue 29-Sep-09 09:21:23

just wondered if anyone had any similar experience? have got lower back pain...although yesterday was worses than today."full"feeling in my stomach.could i possibly be pregnant or does it sound more like the change.....!?! smile

cutekids Tue 29-Sep-09 09:30:45

anyone?

mamaloco Tue 29-Sep-09 11:00:48

IF I were you I would go to see someone (GP?) so they can check your hormones' levels; they will definitely tell you whats going on with those results.
I don't remember my mum saying anything about back pain for the "change" more like night sweats, bloating...

Ilovechristmas Tue 29-Sep-09 16:05:25

Hi Cutekids; I am going thru similar. I saw a gyni in June and he told me I was incredibly fertisle!! He said something about my oestrogen levels being incredibly high etc and that I was years of menopause or peri menopause, yet here I am without a period for 9 weeks, strange feelings in my lower abdomen and a definate bulge there. Have also done two cheapies. He was shocked at how many tests I have had. I had all of them due to a problem at xmas. It doesnt even feel like AF is gonna start. Do you have any other symptoms??

cutekids Tue 29-Sep-09 18:15:36

Hi Christmas....have you had your tubes tied too?
I have swollen feet,"full"tummy and no period and the odd bout of nauseaousness....but then i do get that anyway.

Ilovechristmas Tue 29-Sep-09 18:21:38

No havent had my tubes tied, but not had a period since july and have a hard bloated stomach appearing. I am quite slim so not liking it at all. I havent got the swollen feet, that sounds a bit more worrying? Fluid retenton? Have you been to the drs yet?

cutekids Wed 30-Sep-09 17:41:28

have now had a "bleed" but not my usual VERY heavy period and it's stopped again..!?!

Ilovechristmas Fri 02-Oct-09 00:21:00

Have you been to the drs yet?? Im still without anything and it just feels nothing is coming I think we are in the wrong thread lol. I did post in the menopause link but no one replied, I feel members are more in touch with their cycles on here. At least you have had a bleed, so somethings still going on. I really do feel you should get the swelling looked at though, although Ive googled and it can just happend. Keep intouch x

Northernlurker Fri 02-Oct-09 00:25:52

I think both of your ladies need to see your GP and find out what's going on with you. MAybe baby, maybe menopause, maybe something else - the symptoms could be a lot of things and not all of them are very nice so go to the GP asap!

milkcrate Fri 02-Oct-09 03:04:36

Periods do alter after mid 30's (bleeding, cycle length etc)so missing period not necessarily pregnancy.....bloating and hard stomach can be all sorts of things and I would recommend a trip to your GP. Simple blood tests, examination, maybe ultrasound may be all you need.....I'm a GP and would want to see you if you were my patient.

meggles Fri 02-Oct-09 08:44:25

i hate to be alarmist - but my mother had her tubes tied (cut & cauterized) in 1980. In 1992, when she was 41, she discovered she was pregnant with twins. Sterilization is not 100%. Darn near close, but not 100%. I agree with the other posters - GP.

FabBakerGirlIsSURVIVED Fri 02-Oct-09 08:53:04

I have a feeling I have read that tubes being tied during a section are not as effective as at a different time.

GP for blood tests for both of you.

Ilovechristmas Fri 02-Oct-09 09:12:35

I went to the drs Milkcrate and he felt my tummy and found nothing untoward, although he is sending me back to the gyni. I had allsorts of test back in February and a scan, but all came back clear. I will be making a gyni appointment, but I saw him in June and he just talked he didnt even examine me Cutekids - you havent been at all have you? So off you go today wink

Ilovechristmas Mon 05-Oct-09 15:42:39

Hi Cutekids, just wondering if you have any updates? Still nothing here x

Ilovechristmas Wed 14-Oct-09 00:26:28

sorry I havent heard from you on here, I hope your doing okay? I have been having slight bleeding since saturday. Doesnt feel like a period though, and sometimes its brown and sometimes it red?? And more of a spray (tmi, sorry) than a feeling of bleeding. And always at the front of the pad, whereas normally its further back? I have the letter to go to the gyni, but Im actually really scared. I dont think this is menopause because of all the tests, so really worried its something not nice. x

AitchTwoToTangOh Wed 14-Oct-09 00:42:51

have they discussed ectopic pregnancy with either of you?

Ilovechristmas Wed 14-Oct-09 10:17:06

Not with me. My last period was mid july, I guess I would be in a lot of pain by now if that was the case. I feel this thread is probably under the wrong topic, but Ive posted elsewhere and received no response. The drs here are not very helpful and the gyni didnt even examine me last time, so I guess I also feel like Im wasting my time by seeing him again

meggles Wed 14-Oct-09 10:19:42

my mother had her tubes tied when she had a c-section with me. 13 years later, and in her early 40's, she had twins. nothing permanant.

Ilovechristmas Wed 14-Oct-09 12:03:49

Hi Meggies - havent heard anything from cutekids, I hope she is doing okay, would be good to know what happened.

In my case, I dont feel pregnant at all but responded to OP as I am going thru similar but not had my tubes tied. My gyni said in June that even at my age I was incredibly fertisle and all the test they had done, for which he had pages, showed nothing untoward and menopause was years off and yet as of mid July this year, no period except the last few days which was as I described before?? When I went to the gyni last time, my periods were regular. I also had a scan in February which proved fruitless. I guess Ill just have to make the gyni appointment but I just feel it will be a waste of time

whomovedmychocolate Wed 14-Oct-09 12:19:58

My consultant refused to do a tubal ligation during a cs when I was having DS because he said 1 in 20 fail either immediately or within five years.

That's a propo nothing obv. but just to echo what others have said

annoyingdevil Wed 14-Oct-09 12:25:01

Going through the same - early 40s, period in July, nothing in Aug, then a really heavy "two for the price of one" in September.

Think it's the start of the big 'M'

Ilovechristmas Wed 14-Oct-09 18:14:04

sounds like the tube tieing is a tad unreliable!! I thought it maybe the M word, but he tested me for all that stuff and said I was years of that or periM?? Im just going to have to be brave and make the appointment Ive read that high oestrogen levels can be because of the C word, but surely they would have checked for that?? This year has been a complete nightmare tbh. I did have pains in my hips, that seems to have gone now, but I do get a 'trickling' sensation type pain (if that makes sense) more or less along the line of my hip at times and during naughty naughty (tmi) and I have slight bleeding at times during it. I just wish I could afford private sometimes, I think they would be more understanding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now