Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

38 weeks - aching bump, not sure if it is pulled muscle or just normal stretching?

(9 Posts)
HalfMumHalfBiscuit Mon 28-Sep-09 19:35:55

Hi, I went to the hospital last week with a stabbing stitch-like pain last week on left of bump low down. They put me on a monitor and checked my old CS scar and everything was fine. The monitor showed I was having BH every 5 mins. I was sent home after a couple of hours.

Most evenings / afternoons since my bump starts to ache on the left side and low down. Its a stretching sort of pain. Much worse on standing / walking.

Does anyone know if this is normal and to be expected at this stage?

Is it my stomach muscles and / or uterus stretching?

Is resting the best thing to do? Any positions help?

I am seeing my Midwife on Friday and will mention this. She is back on duty on Wed so I might give her a bell then if gets a lot worse.

Hope someone has experienced this / has a bit of knowledge that can help.

Comma2 Mon 28-Sep-09 19:44:15

Sounds like a nasty bout of uterine ligament strectching, but a bit late for that? Could be though (just the ligaments that hold womb in place, normal and harmless.) I guess it should be better if you lay on the left side and not arch your back. Hope you'll feel better!

HalfMumHalfBiscuit Mon 28-Sep-09 20:16:59

Thank you Comma2. That does seem the best position.

HalfMumHalfBiscuit Mon 28-Sep-09 20:17:00

Thank you Comma2. That does seem the best position.

HalfMumHalfBiscuit Mon 28-Sep-09 20:19:28

Another question. What happens if I go into labour with this? Will it be more painful?

Comma2 Tue 29-Sep-09 02:10:01

Naaaa, it shouldn't stretch while you are in labour...never heard of that anyway.

HalfMumHalfBiscuit Tue 29-Sep-09 11:37:05

Thats one thing then.

I didn't sleep well last night. Took some paracetamol at 4am because of the ache and eventually dropped off. It feels a little better now. Basically sitting and lying down helps and there's not much else I can do?

alana39 Tue 29-Sep-09 11:53:41

It might just be the weight being supported by the ligaments. I'm just coming up to 36 weeks and have been feeling something similar for a few weeks. Bought a support band which helped when I wasn't able to avoid standing but it's too tight already blush.

HalfMumHalfBiscuit Tue 29-Sep-09 14:13:36

just got a support band but i fear it is too small for the job

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now