Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What are your current cravings?

(24 Posts)
ThePhantomPlopper Mon 28-Sep-09 18:31:04

I'm eating apple after apple.

Very partial to an egg and salad cream sandwich.

And strangely can't get enough of water left in a glass over night, so it's all warm and strong tasting.

alana39 Mon 28-Sep-09 18:34:38

Well done on apples! Nothing so healthy here, have just discovered Gu Naughties Millionaire's Flapjacks. Am telling myself it's ok after having gone off chocolate between 8 weeks and 30 weeks, but tbh I am now overcompensating. And Orangina. Nothing else is so thirst quenching.

hoops997 Mon 28-Sep-09 18:35:08

mashed potato.....can't get enough of the stuff!!

flybynight Mon 28-Sep-09 18:56:46

I'm on pickled herring, plums (not purple one, but the greeny ones), marmalade and proper eggy creme caramel. Water has to be just above freezing point.

AngelaCarleen Mon 28-Sep-09 18:59:36

grapes, but thats only 'cos i've got a box of them next to me. I eat whatever is in easy reach grin. I've not got any proper cravings yet sad

ThePhantomPlopper Mon 28-Sep-09 19:22:36

I've gone off chocolate too, glad to hear it wasn't a permanent thing, I enjoyed being able to devour a family size pack of malteasers last time without feeling guilty.

underactivethyroidmum Mon 28-Sep-09 20:00:35

Celery,walnuts,grapes and cheese - all together like a pick and mix grin oh and fruit pastille ice lollies !!!

blonde36er Mon 28-Sep-09 20:07:08

Cake grin

jardins Mon 28-Sep-09 20:12:26

Cheese, cheese, and more cheese .... oh and anything salady (grated carrots, celery, avocado, radishes, etc), vegetables, and.... cauliflower cheese! Poor family they'll be eating it twice this week at least! wink

Deemented Mon 28-Sep-09 20:27:16

Fried bread dipped in black bean sauce from the Chinese - heaven!!!! blush

maybebaby23 Mon 28-Sep-09 20:30:10

cheese, milk, chips, chocolate blush anything unhealthy!

With DD1 i craved lemons and lemonade! I ate much healthier when expecting her blush

ThePhantomPlopper Mon 28-Sep-09 20:31:02

Oh yes I've had a bit of a cauliflower cheese thing going on too, with tomato sauce blush

twister ice lollies!!

Cant get enough of them yummy! grin

jardins Tue 29-Sep-09 08:32:13

Oh yes ThePhantomPlopper; don't get me started on tomato sauce! Although, tbh, I've always had a fondness for it.

blondieminx Tue 29-Sep-09 11:26:01

oooh yes, apples and plums here too! Also apricots and pears. And strawberry milk (but not together). Chinese food.

Roll on lunchtime grin

woowa Tue 29-Sep-09 11:29:33

prawn mayo sandwiches. which is not great since we're meant to be careful about prawns - but i make them myself so i know the prawns aren' lying about getting poisoned!

when do cravings occur? i don't know if thisis a pregnancy craving or just normal!

BeckyBendyLegs Tue 29-Sep-09 12:08:08

Fab ice lollies, cheese, more cheese, terry's chocolate orange and apples, more apples and more apples. Also love the left-overnight-water thing too!

blossomx Tue 29-Sep-09 12:19:11

i dnt have any strong, strong cravings! but when i fancy something, i HAVE to have it! Like now, im craving maryland cookies infact im goin to the shop in a min to get some! Y is it so strong in pregnant women? when u want something youve GOT to have it !!!! hmm

southernbelle77 Tue 29-Sep-09 13:13:19

Is anyone having cravings that aren't food related???

I can't get enough of Mr Sheen dust wipes (the original ones smell sooooooooooo good!) blush Shame you can't eat them, although my house is more dust free than it's been in a long time!

sheeplikessleep Tue 29-Sep-09 13:33:45

Cheese, juice, eggs and pasta (not altogether!)

blossomx Tue 29-Sep-09 19:11:10

haha!!! Mr sheen dust wipes!!! thats funny! no i dont actually, all of my cravings are food! although dust wipes are great to use!

im craving so much sugar!!!

ThePhantomPlopper Tue 29-Sep-09 19:51:46

In my first pregnancy I craved CIF ocean floor cleaner. I used to sit on the kitchen floor inhaling it.

Jennylee Tue 29-Sep-09 20:39:15

Jelly babies

Neon Tue 29-Sep-09 22:33:00

Food
Babybels (1st tri)
Orange pop (Fanta, Orangina Tesco St Clements YUM) pop pop and more pop!
Boiled Eggs - rare to med with soldiers
Scrambled egg on toast
McDonalds bacon egg & cheese mcmuffin meal blush
Ham and cheese toasties/pannini
Crackers with crab paste and cream cheese grin
Chocolate (Twirls - the intense chocolate hit)/cakes
Developed liking for chilli's (don't like hot food)

Non food
Petrol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now