Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Second Trimester

(13 Posts)
ChaCha Tue 07-Jun-05 16:59:21

Hello ladies
It's me again with my lots of little questions. I had been quite sick for the last 14 weeks of pregnancy and as a result switched to part-time work, dropped my studies and became a bit of a hermit to be honest.
Well, now at 15wks I am feeling great! This is soooo strange and i'm almost in denial that i'm PG. I am enjoying work again and almost wish i hadn't gone p/t, am back to cooking meals, cleaning, going out and just enjoying being me again. I have been feeling better since last week and even managed to travel down south at the weekend. Is it normal to just 'stop' feeling and being sick? I'm sure it is but i just feel like i'm not pregnant now. Can't really mention this to DH and try not to indulge in PG/baby talk with my friends and colleagues.
Thanks for listening

Thomcat Tue 07-Jun-05 17:03:35

Apparently, so I hear, yes it's normal to suddenly feel fine. I'm looking forward to it but on the other hand being sick and feeling exhaused is so reassuring isn't it! You're bump will start to show soon and you'll feel baby move so that will reassure you daily. Then in the final trimester ytou'll start to feel awful again, heartburn, carpal tunnel syndrome, tired, uncomfortable etc etc!

I loved being pregnant with Lottie, not exactly loving it this time round, ahhpy to be pregant, very, but not up for feeling so rubbish every day.

Tinker Tue 07-Jun-05 17:04:22

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy before the 3rd trimester kicks in

Nemo1977 Tue 07-Jun-05 17:07:11

Cha cha this happened to me alst week. I reached 12wks and just like that 'poof' ms disappeared. tiredness is still there but hey ho..lol Same happened with ds and i remember spending till about 16wks thinking the baby had just been sucked up cos i felt too good...this time i plan to enjoy..lol

ChaCha Tue 07-Jun-05 18:39:45

Suppose i should be thankful then and wear a grin Thanks x

ChaCha Tue 07-Jun-05 18:41:07

Gosh, am worried about Enthusia - could she still be there? I'm going out tonight and cant get to the PC until i'm home after 10pm. My fingers are crossed x

ChaCha Tue 07-Jun-05 18:41:45

Gosh, i need to change my nickname to Loopy Lou!!!! That was meant to go in the November thread...duhhhhhhh!

Enthusia Wed 08-Jun-05 07:36:09

aaaahhhhhh ChaCha - you are so sweet!!!! Hope you are still feeling great today!!!

ChaCha Wed 08-Jun-05 11:24:30

Still feeling great but worried!
I even slept well! Feel absolutely symptomless - am seeing m/w tomorrow, hope there is still a baby there

goldenoldie Thu 09-Jun-05 11:11:44

ChaCha - I'm 14 weeks and still feeling knackered and a bit of nausea too.

Hope I get a second wind soon.

ChaCha Thu 09-Jun-05 11:34:07

Hi goldenoldie,
Well, it must have been between the 14 and 15 week mark that it all kind of stopped for me. I spoke to m/w about it this morning and she said most women start feeling better after the 12 week mark (seems i was a couple of weeks behind). Have very little symptoms at all now but am feeling so much better in myself and have a lot more energy (i've even been cooking). I heard the heartbeat this morning! Feeling very chuffed

bunny2 Thu 09-Jun-05 21:58:42

happy for you Cha Cha!!!

ChaCha Fri 10-Jun-05 16:47:41

Hi Bunny2, long time no see! How are you and your DD? Have you posted any pics?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now