Talk

Advanced search

Strange Ammonia-like smell in nose

(5 Posts)
MaLopez Mon 28-Sep-09 09:07:24

I have had this strange smell in my nose for about a week. Initially, I thought it must have been something in the house and got the house cleaned and then realised it was not!

It is a constant ammonia like smell and I made the mistake of googling it and you know what google is like.

Anybody had this before? I am 31 weeks and will be seeing the GP today who will no doubt think I am absolutely mad.

Anybody??

MaLopez Mon 28-Sep-09 11:36:59

Anybody??

GP thinks it one of those things

whensmydayoff Mon 28-Sep-09 12:50:56

The only thing I can liken it too was when my DS was born I thought I had a strange smell in my nose all of the time. I used to think his little newborn breath smelt like anaseed??? I blame hormones!

reikizen Mon 28-Sep-09 12:53:10

Disturbances to taste and smell are very common in pregnancy. Most things smell much stronger or more unpleasant. I have even known women who find the smell of their partner unbearable when it has been completely unremarkable up till then!

MaLopez Mon 28-Sep-09 15:47:00

Thanks for your replies. Very annoying to have a smell that follows me about.

I won't have minded if I could escape the smell. Can't go too far from my own nostrils! Will have to get something to mask the smell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now