Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling like you can't breathe when asleep...

(9 Posts)
corblimeymadam Sun 27-Sep-09 21:45:28

Message withdrawn

corblimeymadam Sun 27-Sep-09 21:46:11

Message withdrawn

mrsgboring Sun 27-Sep-09 21:48:19

Oh it's horrible isn't it? I had panic attacks as I was going off to sleep because of this feeling. I don't think it's concerning really though I don't know really. I am still here though - DS2 now five months.

Big sympathy anyway.

corblimeymadam Sun 27-Sep-09 21:55:33

Message withdrawn

corblimeymadam Sun 27-Sep-09 22:33:38

Message withdrawn

muddle78 Sun 27-Sep-09 22:41:03

strange question but do you use antacid? because i had panic attack style breathing probs in the night and later read on gaviscon bottle that this could be a side effect?

corblimeymadam Sun 27-Sep-09 22:45:23

Message withdrawn

herethereandeverywhere Mon 28-Sep-09 06:45:22

I get the same thing if I roll onto my back by accident. This is the reason we're advised to sleep on our side during pregnancy. Lying on your back crushes the main vein/artery (can't remember which it is - its called something like vena cava) which supplies your lower body. It's your body's way of getting you to shift before you do any harm.

brightonbleach Mon 28-Sep-09 10:02:22

i feel your pain. I also feel like I can't breathe once I lay down, in any position; most annoying when you're desperate to sleep! haven't found a cure, am up and down for the first 2-3 hours of going to bed as I get panicky or feel like am getting palpitations as well as not being able to breathe properly, feel like someone is sitting on my chest! Eventually I fall asleep when exhausted, wake up cushioned by lots of pillows on my left side & feeling/breathing fine... don't know what it is really - apart from having giant comedy tum strapped on the front of me!! {grin] 35+4

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now