Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

Feeling like you can't breathe when asleep...

(9 Posts)
corblimeymadam Sun 27-Sep-09 21:45:28

Message withdrawn

corblimeymadam Sun 27-Sep-09 21:46:11

Message withdrawn

mrsgboring Sun 27-Sep-09 21:48:19

Oh it's horrible isn't it? I had panic attacks as I was going off to sleep because of this feeling. I don't think it's concerning really though I don't know really. I am still here though - DS2 now five months.

Big sympathy anyway.

corblimeymadam Sun 27-Sep-09 21:55:33

Message withdrawn

corblimeymadam Sun 27-Sep-09 22:33:38

Message withdrawn

muddle78 Sun 27-Sep-09 22:41:03

strange question but do you use antacid? because i had panic attack style breathing probs in the night and later read on gaviscon bottle that this could be a side effect?

corblimeymadam Sun 27-Sep-09 22:45:23

Message withdrawn

herethereandeverywhere Mon 28-Sep-09 06:45:22

I get the same thing if I roll onto my back by accident. This is the reason we're advised to sleep on our side during pregnancy. Lying on your back crushes the main vein/artery (can't remember which it is - its called something like vena cava) which supplies your lower body. It's your body's way of getting you to shift before you do any harm.

brightonbleach Mon 28-Sep-09 10:02:22

i feel your pain. I also feel like I can't breathe once I lay down, in any position; most annoying when you're desperate to sleep! haven't found a cure, am up and down for the first 2-3 hours of going to bed as I get panicky or feel like am getting palpitations as well as not being able to breathe properly, feel like someone is sitting on my chest! Eventually I fall asleep when exhausted, wake up cushioned by lots of pillows on my left side & feeling/breathing fine... don't know what it is really - apart from having giant comedy tum strapped on the front of me!! {grin] 35+4

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now