Talk

Advanced search

Showing a little too early!

(22 Posts)
oneontheway Sun 27-Sep-09 19:44:03

I've just found out I'm about 5 weeks and this is my second baby. In the last week I've put on loads of weight and gone from a 14 up to an 18!! my boobs are like balloons and I look preg already - how do you hide it till 12 weeks? I've been off work on hols for 2 weeks and when I go back in tomorrow I'm worried people with guess. I don't want to tell people till after my scan really just in case - is this normal on the 2nd time round or am I just eating too many cakes blush!!

TotallyAndUtterlyPaninied Sun 27-Sep-09 19:48:30

With my first, I went from a size 10 to a 14 by week 12, then by the end of the pregnancy I was an 18-20. This time, I said I won't balloon, and I have. I've just told people at 18 weeks as someone actually asked me and it was very obvious.

Before 12 weeks, people won't actually come out and ask you. If anyone hinted at me, I just said 'Oh it's heading for winter now so I can;t stop comfort eating, I always comfort eat in winter.'

Baggy clothes and always having cream cake in hand made me just look a bit porky rather than pregnant IYSWIM.

There's no hiding it now though!

You're not alone.

muddle78 Sun 27-Sep-09 19:48:55

i dont get it either? i was showing at 6 weeks too. im now 28 weeks and peeps still asking if its twins? no advice but wanted you to know you r now alone smile

muddle78 Sun 27-Sep-09 19:50:26

are not alone blush

pigleychez Sun 27-Sep-09 20:43:29

Ditto- Im 6.5 weeks and massive!!
This is my second too.

My family are all commenting on twins as they are in the family.
I too seem to have exploded in both my tum and boobs, im already in my maternity trousers and my baggy tops are all starting to get abit snug now too.

Some of my friends have started dropping hints lately too. Theres no way Ill be able to hide it till 12 weeks.

butterscotch Sun 27-Sep-09 21:03:58

Yeap I'm another one huge at 8 weeks not sure I'm going to last the next 4 weeks before scan....

weewoman Mon 28-Sep-09 00:34:18

Me too!! Now 19 wks but huge and look and feel about eight months. Doesn't help that I'm only 4'10" tall I look like a barrel and not used to hauling myself around this big- I even opened a cupboard door on my tummy the other day cos I forgot it was so big. Also I am a bridesmaid eight wks after edd- how the hell am I going to fit into a reasonable size dress by then!

mampam Mon 28-Sep-09 16:39:58

Hi. I too am wondering how I am going to keep this pregnancy a secret. I will be 5 weeks tomorrow and seeing as I supposedly go to Weight Watchers people might wonder why it seems not to be working. I only found out I am pregnant on Saturday and was wondering why I was rapidly putting on weight!!

My boobs are huge (already) and as I feel I can no longer suck my belly in thats huge too although to be fair I do just look fat.

tinylion Mon 28-Sep-09 18:17:35

weewoman - I'm only 4 foot 11 and only 8 weeks and look like small round ball too - I'm sick of willowy tall pregnant women complaining. I swear by the end of my first pregnancy I was as wide as I was tall! smile

Anyway, yes, I am 8 weeks and have already gone up to a good size 16...oh god. Double chin, huge boobs and obvious stomach. I've told everyone tho, as was getting looks from co workers (esp. as I'm ALWAYS going on about being on a diet.)

You're not alone!

addictedtovicounts Mon 28-Sep-09 22:00:03

im so glad for tyhis tread...i thought it was just me i have just come back of holiday and only found out today that im 8 and a bit weeks and was really wondering why i couldnt fasten my jeans...i didnt show till 25 weeks with my 1st when i then made up for it in the last 3 months...well 2 as i was so big that they induced me 4 weeks early and he was 8lb 10.5oz!

Gangle Mon 28-Sep-09 22:20:37

I'm 14.5 weeks with DC2 and also much much bigger than I was with DS. Also just been on holiday and have literally grown within days. Still squeezing myself into size 10 clothes but will have to dig maternity clothes out this week. Really annoying as so not ready to tell work but just can't get away with it much longer.

first1 Tue 29-Sep-09 09:59:53

Eek I'm worried now. I'm just over 7weeks and have no belly at all. My boobs have gone up a cup size, but otherwise I've actually lost a pound or two from being put off virtually every food in my fridge! Had a scan and said everything was fine. Should I be worried I'm not showing?

Gangle Tue 29-Sep-09 13:59:28

Don't be silly first1 - if this is your firt baby then you probably won't show for ages. I was about 25 weeks with my first when I started showing.

jojochanel Tue 29-Sep-09 20:14:50

Gangle - I'm the same as you. Was about 25 weeks before showing with DS1 and was desperate to get a bump. Managed to hide DS2 at work under black shirts and a size up in trousers until 20 weeks. Now just 14 weeks and had to move into size up trousers today. Was hoping to hang out to 20 weeks again if not longer before telling work but not sure I'll make it. This one is a funny shape too - all up top and not low down like the boys.

holytoast Tue 29-Sep-09 21:25:11

I am feeling like I ate all the pies too! I am 11 weeks, and after about 7 weeks, noticed a little pot developing -now it's got ridiculous- I think most of it is bloating as it seems to get worse by the end of the day when I have eaten a big meal. I now have had to undo buttons and wear the baggiest tops I have - eventually have given in and bought some maternity trousers - so comfortable - bliss!

However, why is it that maternity clothes are so uninspiring? cant find anything in the high street, looking on internet is just annoying as have no idea what wil fit...aaargh!

floatyjosmum Tue 29-Sep-09 22:04:14

its not fair! when i was 6 months with my 1st my ex sil who was 3 months pregnant was bigger than me!!
have to say with number 2 it was diff story and in maternity clothes by 9 weeks

MACKAT Wed 30-Sep-09 10:21:02

i've decided to work at home today as I only have 2 work outfits I can squeeze into and wore them Mon and Tues. I do a 3 day week. Scan tomorrow, will go in on Monday resplendent in maternity clothes and tell them and face the music. Cannot even find my mat clothes so have ordered a few basics until i can retrieve the rest from whoever I lent them to!
This is number 3 and it is massive already.

FluffyCoo Wed 30-Sep-09 11:01:25

Oh god, i'm glad it's not just me! Was reading one of my pregnancy books the other day and it said that women quite often like to start wearing maternity clothes at 24 weeks... WTF?! I gave in to wearing maternity trews at about 15 weeks (this is my 1st dc)!! Normal ones were just squashing everything and making my nausea worse! Admittedly I wasn't exactly a svelte and dainty thing before (size 16) but am 21 weeks now and feel like an absolute heffer-pottomus, also cultivating a mahoosive arse which at least counter-balances the bump I suppose... will be like a giant weeble by dd at this rate!!

Bezzie mates' DP took a pic of me last night and my bodily proportions make my head look like a pea balanced on a big pile of laundry... shock

Ricci2 Wed 30-Sep-09 12:03:36

Me too, I am 9 weeks and i already had to buy new bra's (went up 2 sizes) With my lg (2 1/2 now) I was at 20 weeks and still in my bikini on the beach when on holiday. But this time i'm already showing a bump and there are already clothes that i cannot get into so i will have to go and get some maternity wear.

hormonalmum Wed 30-Sep-09 14:33:41

me too!
I'm 9 weeks with my 3rd and I am looking decidely porky.
I didnt show until late with my first. My second was about 14 weeks - in maternity clothes at 15 weeks.
Now I am wearing lots of layers and baggy tops.
I really dont want to tell anyone (esp work yet) but don't know if I can get away with it any longer..

ilovesprouts Wed 30-Sep-09 18:58:08

my dd is 9 weeks and has got a little bump /bulge

ilovesprouts Wed 30-Sep-09 18:58:09

my dd is 9 weeks and has got a little bump /bulge

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now