Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone know about Pulsatilla for turning baby in unstable lie?

(6 Posts)
Alittleteapot Sun 27-Sep-09 11:41:01

I've read it's given for breech babies. My baby is just off to the right of cephalic and I'm in hospital because it can be dangerous if waters break. (am 38 + 4 weeks) I'm trying Moxibustion and I must say it's the day after treatment that the baby has gone cephalic each time but always pops back to oblique. I just wondered if Pulsatilla was indicated in this situation or only for breech. Any homeopaths out there?

Alittleteapot Sun 27-Sep-09 20:39:17

no homeopaths out there?

Alittleteapot Mon 28-Sep-09 10:29:24

last bump

DianaTibble Mon 28-Sep-09 13:35:28

Yes here I am!!! Pulsatilla is great for turning an breech baby but it sounds as though your baby is 'oblique' (was a midwife for many years!!)The thing with Pulsatilla is it could encourage a spontaneous rupture of your membranes...not what you want! But in my experience of your situation Gelsenium would be better.Take a gelsenium 30 and rest and let me know! Best Wishes
Diana xxx

gwendy Mon 28-Sep-09 13:39:12

hi- a pregnant homeopath answering your call yes is the answer re pulsatilla. i'm at work & can't remember the exact dosage/way of taking it to try & turn a breech baby. i've only prescribed it to help induce labour not for turning before- ok if i get back to you tomorrow?

gwen

Alittleteapot Mon 28-Sep-09 19:15:00

THanks both! Yes Diana - it's oblique not breech. Just to my right of pelvis in fact. someone else also recommended gelsenium today and also caullophyllum (sp?) alternated? what do you think?

Thanks so much again I'll let you know how it goes!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now