Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

If you had LOADS of Braxton Hicks, when did you go into labour?

(13 Posts)
hairtwiddler Sat 26-Sep-09 15:24:16

Currently 32 weeks with DC2. First baby was born at 36/2. Very quick labour with no warning (four hours)
I'm now having Braxton Hicks all the time and they are wearing me out and driving me crazy. They seem to be triggered by only the slightest exertion - walking up stairs, getting up from bed etc etc. If I'm really tired they come in big waves. They started around 20 weeks and are getting worse as the pregnancy progresses.
I know this isn't necessarily a sign of prem labour, but am ever so slightly freaked out as well as worn out!
Anyone else have them this bad? When did you get actual contractions?

HeadFairy Sat 26-Sep-09 15:25:58

<watches thread closely>

I've had loads of BHs from about 15 weeks, some really strong. I did with ds, but never went in to labour as he was delivered by cs a week early.

ThePhantomPlopper Sat 26-Sep-09 15:36:28

I had loads from 17 weeks or so with DD, I went two weeks overdue.

From about 22 weeks with DS and had him on his due date.

ThePhantomPlopper Sat 26-Sep-09 15:36:51

sorry 1 week overdue with DD not 2.

hairtwiddler Sat 26-Sep-09 15:42:13

I don't think I could cope with two weeks overdue! That would be six more weeks of pregnancy than I had with DD!

francagoestohollywood Sat 26-Sep-09 15:53:38

I had lots of BHs with ds, from around 20 weeks. He was born 2 days after his due date.

belgo Sat 26-Sep-09 15:56:41

BH from 3 months with all pregnancies, and loads from about 30 weeks, all three children born past 40 weeks.

If I were you, get yourself checked out because you have a history of slightly premature birth. Also dehydration and UTIs can lead to more BH.

lilymolly Sat 26-Sep-09 15:58:10

loads of bh from about 30 weeks
Went 2 weeks overdue, but had a very quick labour as I was already 4 cm dilated (1 hour)

hairtwiddler Sat 26-Sep-09 16:33:15

Saw midwife in past few days, all fine. Have slightly low bp but otherwise ok and measuring to dates.
Possibly don't drink enough though... will remedy that.

Whedonzgal Sat 26-Sep-09 16:37:36

I had lots of BHs as well, from early on, dd was born on the due date.

MaHobbit Sat 26-Sep-09 22:04:48

your midwife probably knows better than us, but I had loads and went into labour on the due date and had Sprout (first baby) at 40+1. We used the old fashioned way of getting things started cos as I so romantically put it "I'm term now and bloody sick of his feet sticking in my ribs. You HAVE to help me get it out".

lizziemun Sat 26-Sep-09 22:13:27

Loads of BH with dd2 (2nd pg) and ds (3rd pg) from about 30wks. Both were evicted at 8 and 13 day over.

hairtwiddler Sun 27-Sep-09 10:12:25

Well, glad to hear they didn't signal an early labour for you all! I still have an inkling this one will be early too. In the meantime, just have to put up with feeling so exhausted!
Thanks for all responses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now