Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Getting elective section brough forward - what are my chances??

(3 Posts)
RFCMummy Sat 26-Sep-09 10:13:41

I am almost 37 weeks and have a section booked for 39 weeks (will be 3rd section). I am so desperate to get this baby out though.

I am in pain all the time with back ache, pelvic pain and stabbing, piles etc. etc. I know these are all normal pg symptoms and I am not suffering as much as many people but I am so down now and really hating every day.

I am struggling to run around after my two toddlers and just want the baby out!!

I am seeing the midwife on monday and am going to ask if she can get the consultant to being my section forward to 38 weeks which is when I had my last baby and she is fine.

Has anyone else tried this? What response did you get?

M1SSUNDERSTOOD Sat 26-Sep-09 10:36:48

I suppose it depends why you are having an elective. Is is be because you have has 2 already? If so maybe you will be lucky and get if brought forward to avoid going into labour iyswim. I have had 2 elective sections and 1St at 38 weeks due to placenta praevia. 2nd was at 41 weeks as initially going to try for trial of labour but they won't let you go any further in case you have to be induced as this could lead to rupture so have a section on standby just in case. Just ask and see what they say.

RFCMummy Sat 26-Sep-09 10:48:36

thanks, I think I will get on my hands and knees and beg on Monday!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now