Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Are leaky nipples normal?

(11 Posts)
singleteenagemum Tue 07-Jun-05 09:10:23

I'm 24weeks and getting really leaky nipples throughout the night, and a little bit during the day.

Anyone know of any good remedies?

Or if it's even normal so soon?

moozoboozo Tue 07-Jun-05 09:12:43

My boobs started leaking at 16 weeks, its totally normal. There is no remedy, but if it's bothersom, I'm afraid the only thing you can do is wear breastpads. And prepare yourself for it to get a whole lot worse when you have the baby!!!! (I wake up in a milky puddle every morning. Nice)

Twiglett Tue 07-Jun-05 09:13:21

yes its normal .. just wear breastpads

singleteenagemum Tue 07-Jun-05 09:16:07

Can you recommend any good bps? all the ones i've tried have been so obvious to everyone.

moozoboozo Tue 07-Jun-05 09:18:07

I used to find the boots and tescos ones ok. They flatten out over time as well, and to be honest, I am sure no one else can see them. I don't bother with them, tbh.

singleteenagemum Tue 07-Jun-05 09:22:49

Does it make a differenct with the size of breast?

moozoboozo Tue 07-Jun-05 09:27:25

No, I dont think it does tbh

singleteenagemum Tue 07-Jun-05 09:30:00

ta mzbz i'll go to tesco's after lunch,then iron them when i get home to make sure they're really flat!

maretta Tue 07-Jun-05 12:52:33

Hi - personnaly I prefer the ones by Avent or a company beginning with L that I can't remember the name of - particularly during the day. You get them in Boots or Mothercare.

They have a little sticky strip to attach them to your bra. Also they are light pink coloured which really helps if you want to wear a white top.

Tinker Tue 07-Jun-05 15:42:55

Lansinoh definitely the best, better than Avent I think.

pooka Tue 07-Jun-05 15:47:26

I liked the johnson and johnson ones, myself!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now