Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Over 40wks preg with inconsistent contractions

(4 Posts)
Bluemary3000 Fri 25-Sep-09 13:31:24

I am now 40+2days and after having a very hormonal day thinking that this child doesn't love me as much as the first one (born 10days early), my lovely husband bought me a very hot curry and took the plunge to have a bit of sex.

This worked very well last night as 1hr later I had constant contractions for a few hours, even though they went from nothing to coming to every 2 minutes, I went to bed and woke up this morning to find that nothing else was happening.

We were both v excited about this and decided to try the sex thing again and nothing has happened at all this time.

Anyone got any suggestions as to why this is happening this way, as I never got this far with contractions last time round, so not really too sure what is happening.

rubyslippers Fri 25-Sep-09 13:39:30

can you have a sweep?

when are you seeing your MW next?

sounds like things may be getting going but slowly?

Bluemary3000 Fri 25-Sep-09 13:48:42

I am due to see the mid wife next thursday and I think I will have a sweep then. I just want this to hurry up, was under the false impression that the first one came early, so the second one will too. Mmmm bad idea that!

I dont mind though if this means something is happening as I had 3rd deg tears last time as it happened so quickly, so slowly make actually be better.

julietbat Fri 25-Sep-09 14:20:41

With my first pregnancy I had a few hours overnight of inconsistent contractions but because I was over my due date I thought it was probably IT. So I got up at 3am and cleaned the kitchen in case I really did end up in hospital in a few hours time and for some unknown reason (not being known for my house-proudness) the kitchen was that important to me! As it happened, it was a false alarm (bh maybe?) and I ended up going into labour a few days later.

I'm telling you this because when it actually happened I was pretty slow. 28 hours in active labour. Slow enough for you?grin

Best of luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now