Talk

Advanced search

Acupuncture and miscarriage

(5 Posts)
CuriousatHeart Fri 25-Sep-09 11:55:12

Hello there, this is my first posting on the site, yipes. I am 39 (40 in December!) and over the last 18 mths have suffered four mc. All early, two at 7 and half weeks and two at 5wks.

I'm now under the care of St Mary's paddington, where they recently diagnosed that my blood may have a tendency to clot, so in my next pregnancy I'm to take 150mg asprin a day.

I want to do all I can to maximise my chances and I wondered if anyone had had any success/or otherwise with acupuncture and mc? (smile)

frogger77 Fri 25-Sep-09 12:17:02

I had 3 miscarriages before I fell pregnant with ds. I was sent for recurrent miscarriage tests and all came back clear but consultant suggested i took 75mg of aspirin on daily basis which I did I now have a 14 month old little boy and am expecting number 2 in December. Dont know about acupuncture but wanted to let you know I had successful pregnancies with aspirin. Goodluck with your next pregnancy and hope someone else comes along and can answer your question.

somethinganything Fri 25-Sep-09 13:18:10

I also took aspirin after MC and then heavy bleeding at start of pregnancy with DD 2 years ago. No advice to offer re acupuncture but wish you all the very best with future pregnancies

CuriousatHeart Fri 25-Sep-09 15:09:41

Thanks for the positive stories regarding aspirin very encouraging!

greenbeanie Fri 25-Sep-09 17:21:43

Acupuncture can help to reduce the risk of miscarriage and also support you through pregnancy. I didn't have a miscarriage but had acupuncture to help me conceive with fantastic results. In fact I was so impressed that I have started training as an acupuncturist!! It's definately worth a go smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now