Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Only 10/11 wks and feeling HUGE!

(14 Posts)
Jayfer Fri 25-Sep-09 10:43:54

Woke up this morning and someone has shoved a rubber ring round my belly in the night - where the hell has it come from?!
I'm only 10/11wks (not convinced of dates until first scan) and all my clothes are too tight. I'm not eating more than I was before but by the end of the day I have to undo my trousers (not good when you're out and about). Any ideas where all the chub came from?

ThePhantomPlopper Fri 25-Sep-09 11:37:13

Could just be bloating if it's worse at the end of the day.

ThePhantomPlopper Fri 25-Sep-09 11:37:38

are you constipated?

happyfaceschildcare Fri 25-Sep-09 11:47:58

My bump seemed huge early on I showed almost straight away but I haven't really got any bigger, the baby has grown into the bump now and I look quite small compared to others. Is it your first or second ? If you're worried speak to your midwife but I'm sure you're not alone )

Bondwife Sat 26-Sep-09 13:30:51

Jayfer you are not alone - from 9 weeks I have no longer fitted in my skinny jeans and had to dig out some 'fat girl' jeans that I kept just incase when I lost weight a few years ago!

It has been a bit tricky as I had a few health problems (not baby related) but midwife says its quite common as your baby is growning so rapidly things are getting pushed in different directions to make room!

So dont worry, FYI I still have to undo the larger jeans at the end of the evening whilst watching TV!!!

When are you due? Our due date is April 14th.

flybynight Sat 26-Sep-09 13:40:37

I'm just short of 11 weeks and I only have one pair of normal trousers that I can still wear. And before I would have dismissed them as far too unflattering. They cut me in two by the end of the day, so I get my PJs on at about 7 o'clock.

I seem to remember that even with my first, I was visibly pregnant by 12 weeks, and this is my 4th. My stomach muscles aren't putting up a fight any more.

holytoast Sun 27-Sep-09 16:50:22

I was just about to post the same 'Am I normal?' type post! I am just over 10 weeks, and whilst usually a size 12, with a little bit of a belly, mine has now in the last two weeks got to ridiculous proportions! don't think I have put on any weight, but sometimes by the end of the day, especially after eating, its a proper little pot! this is my first - I have already been looking for maternity jeans, and went today and bought some maternity trousers in the sale - have to say, bliss! Just give in! I recon we are all different and you just have to find things that are comfortable - just shopping for jeans made me realise that half the girls half my age walking round town had a bigger belly than me, and they weren't pregnant probably - so don't stress about it!
Have to say, mine changes through the day, so a lot of it is bloating, im sure.
Thing is, if I am not eating, I feel sick and lightheaded - had a funny turn in the shops yesterday - now is that normal?

Bondwife Sun 27-Sep-09 17:00:46

Holytoast - Yes it is normal - I have never felt car sick before but unless I am stuffing marshmallows or haribo constantly whist driving I feel so sick that when I get where ever it is Im going I have to turn around and come home again!

Shops have also become a blur of noise and if the heating is on or they are too hot I just cant cope and feel so sick I have to leave.

One thing they never told me before I got pregnant was that I would feel so ill if I ate but would feel even worse if I didnt!!!!

BTW this is my first too x

Jayfer Sun 27-Sep-09 18:08:46

Thanks for the replies guys!
Bondwife - we're due 24th April but the dates are not confirmed yet.
Holytoast - I was never a girl to have funny turns, now just standing in the sun for a little while sends me spinning. I'm eating normally as my morning sickness has been reduced as I take steroids for rheumatoid arthritis.

I also have to say that I was having an extremely hormonal day when I posted. My hubbie came home to find me blubbing. I wailed at him that I felt fat, unattractive and had a spot at the end of my nose.

Now feeling much more rational (or the time being!)

butterscotch Sun 27-Sep-09 21:20:08

Holytoast totally normal the sickness 2nd pregnancy and I remember it from last time! I always carry snacks with me usually packets of mini biscuits or mini cheddars just enough to take the edge of things!

stareyes76 Mon 28-Sep-09 15:49:07

hey just to let you know you are not alone. i bloated and got big very quick does not help when your trying to keep it quiet till bit later on. i grew till about 12 weeks stopped then started later again. im now 25 weeks and growing steadily. scary how much your body changes and to top it all off all the books etc tell you you only need to go into maternity from like 14 weeks. nooooo i was 11/12 weeks when i had ran out of clothes and put many of my tops away.
hope it helps.

holytoast Sun 04-Oct-09 20:28:30

Thanks peeps, glad to hear I am normal for having strange funny turns, and not some throwback to victorian times, swooning and stuff!

On the clothes issue, have braved shopping again, and have found that now can wear fashionable big long jumpers, leggings and boots with abandon! woo hoo! makes me look very pregnant though, so might have to give it a few weeks, as only 12 weeks now! Just have to figure out if I can get away with it for work now...(art teacher, so maybe...)

The god of fashion being nice for a change maybe? who needs trousers anyway?

mummydarlingsausage Sun 04-Oct-09 21:05:41

i'm also about 11 weeks (due 20th april by my last period but not had scan yet) my tummy has just shot out in the past few days and i am having to wear my 'fat' jeans! i've had a weekend of feeling fat and unattractive so know how you feel. think i need to do a spot of shopping soon!

hampdenpark27 Fri 09-Oct-09 16:57:39

I'm 9 weeks, and my skinny jeans already don't fit. I'm too small for maternity jeans but too big for my normal jeans, so its leggings and mens jogging bottoms. i look mid term already,.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now