Talk

Advanced search

cleaning and organising

(17 Posts)

Ok im 22+5 today and this past week have been in major clearout mode!!

Im cleaning blinds, curtains, sorting cupboards and endless trips to the tip and more!

I've read this is normal to do as instincy before labour it has me slightly worried only a bit.

Tell me your positive cleaning moments were as early as this and that I am in fact perfectly normal!

I say as i scuttle into bathroom to scrub my last set of blinds for the day! smile

maybebaby23 Fri 25-Sep-09 10:27:45

Hahaha!! Im the same! Ive been cleaning my windows, bathroom is spotless, cleared out DD's room and the loft!! Washed all baby clothes and ironed them Im desperate to get some paint and re-do the baby's room (dont like the colour) and im sat here looking at the paintwork in the lounge, really need to gloss it all again! Obv wont be doing that while im pregnant. Im 26 weeks. Ive been worrying that baby will come early because i just can't turn off the need to get organised NOW! I get annoyed with people saying "you have ages yet" Doesn't feel like it!

Ive been on my hands and knees cleaning skirting boards too hmm And im eyeing up the car, it so needs a good clean out and wash..

I do remember randomly cleaning the oven when preg with DD but im sure i was 38 weeks or v close to the end at least...

You are not the only crazy cleaning obsessed pregnant lady hehe grin

ooh maybe your ahead of me i have not touched babies clothes but that is because they are in boxes right now till i get drawers etc sorted!

My glossing needs doing, I have 2 doors to sand down and paint, skirting boards to sort out etc etc.

I will refrain from some bits as i start my mat leave in just under 2 weeks and will have plenty of time then, just love the fresh smell of my flat right now having quit smoking its nice that everything is so clean! grin

maybebaby23 Fri 25-Sep-09 10:39:57

It's lovely isn't it, im obsessed with opening all the windows and running around with the polish and a duster

Off to iron some more tiny cute sleepsuits...yes im ironing sleepsuits! Getting quite concerned blush

AngelaCarleen Fri 25-Sep-09 10:48:59

I've visited my sister and done this, she really appreciates it, not sure her poor Dh does though (he's now out at B&Q getting paint and a pasting table as I have set him to work redecorating their living room) grin.

notjustapuppymum Fri 25-Sep-09 10:50:13

I'm 34 weeks and have been nesting since about 28 weeks but might have something to do with the fact that I am slightly obsessed with cleaning at the best of times!

So far my loft, shed, understairs cupboard, all wardrobes and spare room have been completely cleared out and reorganised. Nursery is all ready, washing and ironing all done.
Wooden floors have been professionally revarnished and buffed, kitchen floor retiled, most rooms repainted and I am cleaning constantly - but then I do love it

nomorebooze Fri 25-Sep-09 11:07:13

i am leaving my job as moving away next week! however all my work collegues were in stitches last week as i was frantically cleaning the office and cuboards, they think im mad as i shouldnt care! but they were a mess!!!!!!!!!! need i say anymore

grin notjust you are way ahead of me now i know i am not that bad!!

I'm sitting now chilling with a cup of tea eyeing up the doors that need sanding! once my curtains are washed, nets can go in the wash and then i shall sand! and then put cot together grin -

DH wont even notice when he gets home he never does! I shall be pointing at it all with glee!

Luxmum Fri 25-Sep-09 12:46:12

LORD! I've not the TIME... too busy running after DS 1 and 2... I've TRIED, and will do more when I'm off today to start my maternity leave, but I end up painting furniture, whilst teh lounge is buried under toys and clean laundry... blush. I dont think I'd actually ever iron a sleep suit. They're washed and folded up in a sack in the attic still, but they will just get put in drawers, and certainly not ironed.. Gosh, am clearly behind in the cleaning stakes..

BlackLetterDay Fri 25-Sep-09 12:55:46

Can I have some of your motivation please grin. I'm 34 weeks and my head is nesting but my body is unwilling, I have so much to do and it's stressing me out. Just can't make myself get up aaagh.

BlueChampagne Fri 25-Sep-09 13:30:23

I'm 29 weeks and we still have to swap bedrooms and build DS's big boy bed. Better than last time round when we were half way through an extension ... anyone want to join me in a slackers' club?

endoxana Fri 25-Sep-09 13:55:17

Can I give some of you nesters my address please. I am 37 weeks and nursery is still a junk room! Managed to finish building an Ikea chest of drawers last night - only took me 2 weeks! In desperate need of some motivation or a kick up the bum!

i stopped myself after finishing sanding the door although having not hoovered et is on my mind!

I cant put the cot up till dh is home oh dear never mind lol smile

woowa Fri 25-Sep-09 16:22:16

I'll join the slackers club Bluechampagne, i'm like Blackletterday - head willing (sort of) body can't be bothered. Everytime i come home with some bargain from charity shop/tkmaxx/helpful gift from someone, DH asks "and where's that going to live?" - the DC's room is FULL ofjunk which all needs to go in the loft (mostly from when we moved in a year ago), and I can't be bothered to move it. Sigh. Thinking of employing sister!

Comma2 Fri 25-Sep-09 16:48:34

Ha, I bought a book on orgnaizing at 24 weeks, made a weak attempt at organizing forget which room, and have been staring at mess ever since. No point in cleaning anyway as toddler will just rip it right out again as violation of her own order or dog will puke on it (only if its clean).

lucky1979 Fri 25-Sep-09 18:21:58

I've been sewing for the last few days, new cushions for the dining room chairs and a table runner for the living room. Quite elaborate, look very pretty but I still can't be bothered to do the washing up! I only want to do the fun bits of nesting, DH can do the dull bits

JemL Fri 25-Sep-09 20:26:32

I did all my nesting weeks ago while I still had the energy. Now at 39 weeks, I have the desire, but not the energy, to clean intensively, and have taken to whinging at DH to do it. Have also made him decorate the kitchen / finish hall floor / etc whilst I lay on the sofa eating things and looking at nursery catalogues / websites.

WHen I was pregnant with DS I had tons of energy and was cleaning out cupboards, etc at 41/42 weeks, so I put it down to 2nd baby syndrome...!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now