Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Worried about small fundal measurement

(2 Posts)
picklesrule Thu 24-Sep-09 20:19:19

Having had a look at some old threads I think I am probably worries about nothing but wanted to get some more opinions to try and put my mind at rest!

Had scan at 32 weeks, all normal/average size
Measured fundal at 35 weeks, was only 32.5cms and senior midwife said then that if the measurement had not increased by next appt I would have to have another scan.
Measured again at 37 weeks and am only measuring 33cms... Different midwife today and she seemed unconcerned about the size/lack of increase..

Didn't really question her too much but now can't help wondering why the first midwife said we would need a scan and whether anything is wrong?? Or is it just a generally inaccurate measurement that I shouldn't put too much emphasis on?

Any thoughts much appreciated!

thisisyesterday Thu 24-Sep-09 20:22:47

i wouldn't worry, the measuremrent can vary due to how they place the tape, how the baby is lying, and your own size.

i was sent for a scan at 38 weeks as i mweasured small. gave birth to a 9lb 11 baby!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: