Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

7 weeks pregnant but no morning sickness....worried

(24 Posts)
kissmummy Thu 24-Sep-09 14:04:30

how common is this? i'm wondering if i'm heading for another miscarriage. of course nobody can tell but i'd be interested in how common it is not to have morning sickness at this stage. in my one successful pregnancy i had bad morning sickness from about six weeks...

Blackduck Thu 24-Sep-09 14:06:12

No morning sickness ever here....
Have friends who have ahd it bad with one child and not at all with the other...

thedollshouse Thu 24-Sep-09 14:07:47

With ds I had no morning sickness, didn't discover I was pregnant until 8 weeks. Felt queasy from 12 weeks onwards.

This time round (I am 11 weeks) I did not really have any queasiness until about a week ago. I was concerned as most people on my antenatal thread seemed to be suffering.

As you have had a previous miscarriage could you be booked in for an early scan to put your mind at rest?

AstronomyDomine Thu 24-Sep-09 14:08:57

I didn't have any morning sickness at all but 2 friends of mine had horrific morning sickness (actually all day sickness) for the first 6 or 7 months!!! shock

Portofino Thu 24-Sep-09 14:11:00

I never had any at all! In fact i was half convinced i was imagining the whole thing til I went for a scan at 12 weeks. The only symptom I had was tiredness.

Snowstorm Thu 24-Sep-09 14:11:05

My best guessestimate is that only about 1 in 3 of the people I know, ever suffered with morning sickness. I think that each pregnancy is different too and so it's best not to read too much into the differences or else you might worry yourself unnecessarily.

I've had a miscarriage too (first pregnancy) and know what it's like and what it does to you. Best of luck with this pregnancy - hope it all goes well.

Poledra Thu 24-Sep-09 14:19:44

I haven't had any morning sickness (as in actual vomiting) but did feel a lot more nauseous with DD3, which I dealt with by eating a lot of toast grin.

Friend of mine had horrendous MS with her first baby, and nothing at all with her second (both girls). It's really no indicator at all.

Hope it all goes well for you.

MandaHugNKiss Thu 24-Sep-09 14:44:19

I had such awful constant nausea with DD from literally conception until birth that I LOST two stone whilst pregnant with her... with DS I had just one single moment of queasiness on a bus.

This time, (I'm 16+4) nausea (pretty awful again) kicked in about 7 weeks and let up about 14 weeks.

Which is to say... every pregnancy is different! I know we always hear it, but for good reason - it really is true!

Considering your previous loss perhaps you can convey your worries to a sympathetic doctor/midwife and ask for an early scan?

Jojay Thu 24-Sep-09 14:46:36

I felt nauseous with Ds1 but nothing at all with Ds2 - I was very relieved when the scan showed that I wasn't imagining the whole thing!

It's very likely that everything is absolutely fine - fingers crossed for you.

kissmummy Thu 24-Sep-09 15:03:13

thanks for the posts. i'm ultra paranoid because of my history - three miscarriages in the last year and a bit. i'm very lucky though, as i have one lovely son, who is two years old. so we know i can do it! i've had various tests to see if they can find a reason why i miscarry and they haven't been able to find anything wrong, so there is hope! even if it doesn't work this time i'll keep trying. i'm seeing the GP tomorrow and i expect she'll arrange an early scan for next week.

Hi km, I am 6 weeks and no sickness here. I had barely any in my last pregnancy either and all was fine. Why don't you join us on the may 2010 antenatal thread?

lucky1979 Thu 24-Sep-09 15:32:14

Another vote for having had no morning sickness at all and I'm 33 weeks with an extremely squirmy healthy bump. I hope everything is alright with your little bean - am sure it will be!

pigleychez Thu 24-Sep-09 15:53:13

I never had Morning sickness with DD at all. Had the occassion Feeling sickbut never actually was.

Im now 6 weeks pg with Number 2 and the same.. no sickness.
I just count myself lucky! grin

My poor friend has had horrendous sickness her whole pregnancy and is about 33 weeks now. With her first she had nothing at all. Just shows you how different pregnancies can be.

lizziemun Thu 24-Sep-09 16:58:01

I have had 4 pg's and the only one i was ill with i MC.

With the other 3 i had sysmptons at all and never found out i was pg until 10/12 wks.

woowa Thu 24-Sep-09 18:22:24

Am also a worrying person - no MCs but IVF and had no morning sickness at all, so when I went for first scan I was convinced there was going to be nothing there and burst into tears on MW! My friends say I should be grateful for no sickness, but don't you just want to FEEL pregnant!?

kissmummy Thu 24-Sep-09 20:29:08

i really do, woowa. the morning sickness was so bad when i was pregnant with my DS i wondered at the time how i could possibly go through it all again. Three miscarriages down the line, i'm wishing for that wretched morning sickness, however mad it sounds!

Stokey38 Fri 25-Sep-09 09:57:18

I had no morning sickness at all with my DD and felt great all the way through my pregnancy (annoying I know!). I remember talking to my midwife at about 10 weeks telling her how worried I was about feeling so well and having no morning sickness and she just told me to be thankful for how lucky I was.

BexJ78 Fri 25-Sep-09 18:29:36

Hi, i had none at all and not really any nausea or tiredness, yet am now nearly 30 weeks and everything going really well. good luck!

easylife73 Fri 25-Sep-09 20:25:49

Had no morning sickness with either of my 2 pregnancies, and neither did my mum. Just lucky, I guess. Two perfectly healthy babies though.

hobnob57 Fri 25-Sep-09 22:33:15

I was in exactly the same boat as you kissmummy. MS was rampant in my 1st pg, came on for a weekend at 6 weeks and then disappeared. I got myself in such a state about it that the mw agreed to me having a scan and there was a strong heartbeat! I'm now 34 weeks and counting, after having a drastically different pg to #1. Fingers crossed you experience something similar.

(by the way, the MS crept up again and lasted until 13 weeks, but never as bad as #1).

BellasYummyMummy Sat 26-Sep-09 17:50:56

my morning sickness didnt kick in til about week 8 i think for both of my pregnancies. Try not to worry about it, I know its hard- i suffered two mc so know how worrying it can be. Lots of women dont get any morning sickness at all!

Cith Mon 28-Sep-09 13:44:58

I'm the same kissmummy. I had a MMC at 13 weeks in June, and now pregnant at 7 weeks and feeling a little icky when I first wake but otherwise nothing. I've also been worried that it is like the last time when I MC as wasn't really very nausous then either. I am trying to focus on the whole 25 % of women don't get morning sickness bit, and that it doesn't reflect pregnancy status!

J33nco Wed 30-Sep-09 13:35:36

My first pregnancy was a mmc (identified at 12wks, baby died at 8 wks) and I `felt` pregnant and morning sickness - had to graze on bread permanently. I am now 10wks pregnant with hopefully a sticky one and haven't had any ms until abt 3 days ago! So there is no direct link between a sucess and failure. Because of my history I did push for more regular scanning which put my mind at ease.

Squarepig Wed 30-Sep-09 14:37:27

Kissmummy, I sympathise.
I had 2 MCs within a year, never having any symptoms to speak of. With the third pregnancy, there was no MS, hardly any sore bosomage, nothing, nada. It really did worry me but apparently I was just one of the lucky 25%. Nearly 27 weeks now and various other unpleasantnesses are kicking in, but MS just hasn't been one of them. It is freaky especially after MCs, but not in itself necessarily a sign of things being wrong.
Hope it's going well for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now