Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can the amount of Sickness you get be different in later pregnancies

(10 Posts)
Chooster Thu 24-Sep-09 13:50:09

Sorry in advance as I know I'm asking for 'Crystal Ball' predictions, but I'm now just 6 weeks pregnant with DC3, although this is my 4th pregnancy (i lost my middle DS at 21 weeks).

Previously, my morning sickness has been getting worse with each pregnancy (all boys), up to being sick a couple of times a day with my most recent son - so nothing too bad, but not great either.

Each time I'm sure my sickness pretty much started straight away as that was the main sign for me, but this time I've got this far and apart from mild nausea at points in the day I'm OK.

So I guess I'm wondering if I'm kidding myself and I'm going to get MS badly over the next couple of weeks, or can a 3rd (4th) pregnancy cause different symptoms to every other pregnancy???

I know I've become a bit obsessed by this but really REALLY hope I dont feel ill with my 2 lively boys to look after smile

timmette Thu 24-Sep-09 14:15:46

Well with ds I had morning sickness day and night for 8 months.
This time 25 weeks with another ds it has been a lot less, like once a month random throwing up - have had some nauseay but not much.
I would say each pregnancy is different thankfully.

iwantapinkprincess Thu 24-Sep-09 14:46:30

I am pregnant with ds4,my first 3pg were very similar hardly any sickness but this time its been awful and I am still vomiting everyday and am now 22wks.

Jojay Thu 24-Sep-09 14:48:36

DS1 - nauseous until 12 weeks then random vomiting episodes at about 6 months.

Ds2 - nothing. I was an emotional wreck but no sickness grin

corblimeymadam Thu 24-Sep-09 14:52:15

Message withdrawn

pippel Thu 24-Sep-09 14:54:31

dd1 really bad sickness all the way through started at 6 weeks

dd2 sickness started at about 10 weeks and wasn't too bad but it kept getting worse and was pretty bad by the end

rainbowdays Thu 24-Sep-09 15:05:27

Chooster - every pregnancy is different, ds1 - really nauseaous and sick a few times. dd - no sickess, occasional nausea, ds2 (4th pregnancy) - really nauseaous and sick a few times. So I blame the sickness on the boys!, but it is really that every pregnancy is different, 2 of my miscarriages had bad nausea too. So I really really hope that you get a nice pregnancy this time and no sickness at al.

NormaStanleyFletcher Thu 24-Sep-09 15:08:49

DS1 - couldn't eat a thing before 4.30 PM

DS2 - a couple of weeks of feeling off

DD - NOTHING (just felt old and tired)

NormaStanleyFletcher Thu 24-Sep-09 15:09:29

Oh, and congrats smile

moosemama Thu 24-Sep-09 15:16:27

Ds1 felt awful, couldn't eat until after 16 weeks, but was never actually sick. Also had bad SPD.

Ds1 felt absolutely fine, no morning sickness at all. Again bad, in fact worse, SPD.

Dd couldn't eat, felt nauseaus constantly for about the first 20 weeks but was never actually sick. Also, fainted on an embarrassingly regular basis and morning sickness came back in the third trimester (although admittedly not as badly as it was during the first trimester). No SPD at all.

Each pregnancy has been totally different.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now