Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Gestational Diabetes - What is a Normal Blood Sugar Reading 2 Hours After Eating?

(6 Posts)
LauraKB Thu 24-Sep-09 11:26:43

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone knew what a normal blood sugar reading 2 hours after a meal would be?

Thanks in advance

L, x.

slimyak Thu 24-Sep-09 11:35:28

Someone will be able to tell you more definitely, but as a quick response I think it's between 5 and 7.

I had GD last year and remembering things isn't my strong point now. I would say contact your GP or midwife if you're at all worried.

LauraKB Thu 24-Sep-09 11:40:01

I was told it was supposed to be between 4 and 7 before meals, but just wondered if after meals it could/should be higher.

Thanks for reply.

brightonbleach Thu 24-Sep-09 11:40:37

yes, I have GD and am injecting and have to be 7 or under 1 hour after eating - my consultant has put mine at an hour, some people are 2 hours - anything high and you should probably be tested. you should go to the thread called Gestational Diabetes if you need help or advice (within 'pregnancy') as theres quite a few of us on there in the same boat who may be able to help if you like

brightonbleach Thu 24-Sep-09 11:41:09

no, between 4 & 5 before meals and under 7 or 8 after

LauraKB Thu 24-Sep-09 11:45:13

I saw that thread but didn't want to 'thread jack' as it seemed pretty established smile

Its only really day one of 'diabetes diet' so I guess cheerios for breakfast is out even though they looked like they had quite low sugar!! Was 7.9 2 hours after eating them.

Looks like a wholemeal ham and mayonaise sandwich for lunch and mebe some houmus and carrots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now