Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Would this be foolish?

(5 Posts)
tullytwo Thu 24-Sep-09 10:24:21

I think I would like another baby (would be number 4) but I am quite overweight. I have started losing weight -2 and a half stones so far but it will take me a while to lose the rest so I was contemplating getting preggers and then continuing to lose whilst pregant.

My reasons are that if I leave it much longer then the age gap will be very big and also my age -obv I will be older!

I did have my last pregnancy whilst heavy (not as heavy as this) and it was tough altho not to do with my weight but just want to know if this is selfish or a realistic thing to do.

ohnelly Thu 24-Sep-09 10:41:48

Hi first of all congrats for losing 2 1/2 stone - well done! If you were ok last time I wouldnt worry too much to be honest, though I suppose this depends on how overweight you are - maybe speak to your doctor/health visitor first?
Did you put on a lot of weight with other pregnancies? you can still eat healthily when pregnant and hopefully not put too much on if you try? Obviously you are going to put a bit on - just stay off the cream cakes!

tullytwo Thu 24-Sep-09 10:46:11

Thanks for replying -I am still big -18 and half stone -so pretty big I know.

Last time I didnt put on too much because I was so sick!

Thanks for the congrats on the weight loss-I tend to dismiss what I have achieved so far.

I was planning to stick to slimming world as I am doing now and steer clear of junk etc so that I am eating well and healthily with the hope i wouldnt gain too much.

Thanks for the reassurance tho-wasnt expecting any positives!

timmette Thu 24-Sep-09 10:50:28

Hi
I think I have read on here somewhere that Slimming World have a plan you can follow when pregnant - maybe this is an option for you.

tullytwo Thu 24-Sep-09 12:38:03

Really timmette -I will check that out tahnkyou.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now