Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Late period but according to pregancy test i'm not pregnant!

(2 Posts)
chochappy Wed 23-Sep-09 22:01:31

I hope you lovely people can help. I have three children already so really should know better but here goes..

I've been really rubbish with my pill this month, I was due to finish my pill packet on tues 15th sept and usually would come on a couple of days later. Well it's now weds 23rd and no period!

I had a bit of dark brown discharge last week for a couple of days but that was it. I've taken a pregnancy test which is showing negative!

Any similar experiances?

pinkmagic1 Wed 23-Sep-09 22:12:38

Yes, about 9 months ago my periods virtually stopped except for the little bit of brown discharge you mention. I did 3 pregnancy tests, all negative as I too had forgoten to take my pill a couple of times. I went to see my doctor who said it is perfectly normal for women who have been taking the pill for some time as the bleeding you get after your pack of pills isn't actually a true period. Nothing to worry about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now