Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Larger size maternity clothes - any suggestions??

(10 Posts)
mum2phoebs Wed 23-Sep-09 21:50:16

I am currently 12 weeks pregnant and am a size 18 trouser and size 22 top.

I am obviously going to put on weight during this pregnancy and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to where I can buy "nice" larger size maternity clothes.

I know Next go up to size 22 but it is a small 22!

Appreciate any suggestions

5inthebed Wed 23-Sep-09 21:55:44

I had this problem when I was pregnant last year. It was a nightmare (sorry). I bought a lot of tunic style tops, and wrapover dresses and wore them over maternity jeans or trousers. Most in stretchy materials. I bought most of the tops from Evans, in the net size up and they fitted all the way through to when I had him. H&M maternity stuff is quite generous as well.

If you want, I can have a look at what I have left, as I think most of it went to my friend who has just had her baby.

Congratulations btw, when is your baby due?

Deemented Thu 24-Sep-09 07:07:49

Evans, SImply Be or Ebay!

george at asda !!!! not all stores stock it but you can order on line, i am usually a 20-22 but i had size 18 mat jeans from there and only £12,

Simply be are ok, littlewood too, hope that helps xxxx

Congrats BTW

ILoveStripeySocks Thu 24-Sep-09 16:40:42

I bought mine at Dorothy Perkins (larger stores or online) . Their maternity stuff goes up to a generous 22.

mum2phoebs Thu 24-Sep-09 17:36:14

Thanks everyone - forgot about Asda, got loads from there last time but I was a 14 then! will go and have a good browse!

MrsKitty Fri 25-Sep-09 08:26:33

I was a 20-22 pre pregnancy...

Next maternity (trousers in particular) are far more generously cut than their normal stuff. Also try Ebay for Gap/Old Navy stuff.

I've found te ASDA stuff to be noot very well cut at all, and odd shapes. Not flattering.

H&M tops are mostly well sized and flattering - trousers a bit hit & miss though.

M&S have a small range - got some great jeans from there.

Online La Redoute do some bigger maternity wear - I've not had any clothes from there but have just had some lovely PJ's delivered.

giggly Fri 25-Sep-09 17:31:19

Don't touch simply Be trousers they are rubbish, always falling down.

M&S do wide leg soft jersey trousers that are really comfy and look good with tunics, they go over your bump which I found made all the difference, if like me I had a big belly before pregnancy the under the bump are a nightmare for fall out belly blush not attractive.

Second next for enough room, I was size 20 before and stayed in a 20 at next.

I also in both pregnancy's bought normal dresses from M&S and tried them in changing room with a jumper tucked in belly to judge growing room, both were wore to death.

Mothercare sizes are really small to although they do bras up to size 44.

mrswee Sat 26-Sep-09 09:06:35

For pjs and lounge wear try Peacocks.
I have about 6 pairs of nice black strechy trousers for wearing around the house/in bed. They are smart enough to wear out of the house if you wanted. They cost about £6 each so can't go wrong there really!
I have bought a bunch o stuff from there for going to hospital to have the baby, I won't feel guilty bout chucking it out if I have to after!

T shirt dresses worn as tunics over jeans/trousers or leggings, have worked well for me too.

mrswee Sat 26-Sep-09 09:07:37

'of' and 'about' sorry! bad morning typing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now