Talk

Advanced search

Please tel me baby boys are wonderful!

(94 Posts)
VanillaIce Wed 23-Sep-09 20:42:56

Hello, I've just found out we're having a boy! I'm a litte bit shocked. I think I felt it was a girl. Today when I was out I kept seeing little girls with their mothers and feeling a tiny bit wistful that I wasn't having one. Is this awful? The thing is, I actually kind of thought having a boy would be cool and a bit different (it's all girls in my family) and I thought it would be lovely for my DH. Now I'm panicing that I know nothing about little boys (all sisters and only the one boyfriend - whom I married!) whereas I know lots about little girls.

Am I being very silly? I think I am. I also think I'm just the kind of fool who would have wished for a boy if I'd been told it was a girl. Maybe this is why people shouldn't know in advance! blush

I think I might just be a bit emotional. I could barely speak during the scan with the huge lump in my throat and the tears rolling down my cheeks. I actually had to hold my breath to stop myself from crying audibly when the sonographer showed me his perfect little arms and legs and wiggling bottom. I found it completely overwhelming and so I think feeling a bit down tonight is just those pesky hormones and also the sheer relief that all is well with our first LO.

Anyone who doesn't think I'm crazy, can you remind me why baby boys are wonderful?

smile

VanillaIce Wed 23-Sep-09 20:44:31

See, I'm so emotional I made a typo in my topic line... please forgive x

moodlumthehoodlum Wed 23-Sep-09 20:45:59

Baby boys are wonderful because they love love love their mummies, they seem to stay very cuddly for a long time, and are generally yummy.

CarGirl Wed 23-Sep-09 20:46:43

your baby will be truly wonderful because he's yours. Once you've delivered them you just don't care you just want them in your arms safe & healthy.

thisisyesterday Wed 23-Sep-09 20:47:51

boys are fabulous! i have 3 and have been over the moon every single time!

they're just lovely

giddykipper Wed 23-Sep-09 20:48:32

Boys love their mummies, need I say more.

And when they're old they can give you a big hug and look after you.

elliepac Wed 23-Sep-09 20:49:33

my baby boy (well he's just turned 6 and will always be my baby) is (most of the time) the most luscious, cuddly and loving boy ever. Although having said that I agree with cargirl....it is your beautiful baby and when he arrives that is all that will matter

flowerybeanbag Wed 23-Sep-09 20:49:46

Boys are wonderful. I have one already and another on the way and couldn't be more thrilled.

And my house is not full of pink crap! winkgrin

nickytwotimes Wed 23-Sep-09 20:49:57

Well, of course I think you are crazy, becasue ALL babies are fantastic. grin

Baby boys are lovely, lovely, lovely.

HeadFairy Wed 23-Sep-09 20:50:37

Baby boys are lovely, my 2 year old is still a total mummy's boy, he loves cuddling me and kissing me. Have a look at my profile if you like, lots of pics taken by a totally besotted mother

I'm now expecting a girl and feeling a bit nervous because I feel I know little boys now and how they think and a little girl is a bit alien to me (apart from the fact that I was one myself once!)

Boys are fabulous, trust me!

sazlocks Wed 23-Sep-09 20:50:52

baby boys are so great - so gorgeous borgeous. Mine is 20 months now and still love him to pieces. He is very chilled out and at ease with life - that could be him rather than his gender though.
Agree with cargirl that once you have him in your arms I doubt you will care about his gender.
Good luck smile

LadyoftheBathtub Wed 23-Sep-09 20:51:08

I was like you - family full of girls, thought I was having girl, though I didn't find out until the birth that it was a boy. I just couldn't believe it and asked the midwife "what do I do?" She said "I've got four boys, boys are fantastic" and she was right. I love being a mum of a boy - my DS is so affectionate, cuddly and sweet - and a lot of boys' mums say this, while girls often seem more independent and less physical. He's also into "boy" stuff like dinosaurs and lego, but I enjoy that too.

It took me about 3 days to get used to the idea so I think as you have time before the birth, you'll be fine and desperate to meet your bouncing boy!

I will admit to one thing - I quite fancy having a girl (am pg at the moment) just because I would enjoy the dress shopping. But having had one boy, I'd also be thrilled to have another because they are fab!

LadyOfTheFlowers Wed 23-Sep-09 20:51:13

I have 3 boys and am preg again with no doubt another boy.
They are truly scrummy and really do love their mummies loads n heaps n tons.

Most mums who have both sexes tell me their boys are much more loving.

They are so active and loud and cheeky - I love them. Much less ironing to do aswell without all the frills and faff!!

(Would still love a girl too tho!! lol)

Umlellala Wed 23-Sep-09 20:51:33

I am a big sister to two little sisters, didn't know any baby boys, and was v happy dd was a little girl. To tell the truth, I was a little scared/disappointed/worried when I found out I was having a boy this time around, but he is fantastic. Noisy, but delicious and so sweet and funny. And it all has come totally easily and naturally to be the mother of a boy too.

Congratulations grin

sazlocks Wed 23-Sep-09 20:51:48

I found the Steve Biddulph book - think its called raising boys quite helpful

abroadandmisunderstood Wed 23-Sep-09 20:51:51

My two sons are the most beautiful, loving, hilarious, frustrating and perfect things in my life. DH wants another because he wants a girl but frankly I don't want another, or a girl.

I worried endlessly the first time about having a boys (didn't find out both times). How do you clean boys? What do they do?

I know how you feel but it will be ok. My DS2 is only 18 months but my heart aches when he stumbles towards me for a hug and a kiss. My boys are very loving and emotional. i didn't know they would be like that.

Enjoy...and congratulations!! Best of health to you and your son.

alana39 Wed 23-Sep-09 20:52:51

What moodlumthehoodlum says. They are so much more affectionate, take longer to get devious and even then aren't very good at it, and when they start to think they're spiderman / ben 10 etc it seems much healthier than barbie etc. (all sweeping generalisations obviously smile)

Umlellala Wed 23-Sep-09 20:52:56

(my girl is v loving and affectionate though too! Think their nature is not totally dependent on their sex or gender)

thisisyesterday Wed 23-Sep-09 20:55:02

to go against the tide however and say that ds1 was the least cuddly baby i have ever, ever met!

he is a bit cuddly now (only with me though) at nearly 5 years old lol

the other 2 are fairly cuddly though i suppose

Georgimama Wed 23-Sep-09 20:56:12

My 2.5 year old DS just asked me (i say just, I mean at bedtime) if he could climb back inside my tummy because he liked it in there. That's how delicious boys are.

opinionatedmother Wed 23-Sep-09 20:56:16

my baby boy is lovely. Much better than anyone elses :P

tattycoram Wed 23-Sep-09 21:01:48

I wanted a girl and didn't find out what sex my baby was because I didn't want to be disappointed. I have a ds. I absolutely adore him, he is so affectionate and funny and cuddly. If I ever have another child I really don't care if it is a boy or a girl, in fact I would be thrilled to have another boy.

MrsJamin Wed 23-Sep-09 21:13:53

toddler boys are particularly wonderful, much cuter than toddler girls IMHO. They're not as likely to be as nervous with strangers but still want a special 'duddle' from their mummies.

SycamoretreeIsVile Wed 23-Sep-09 21:15:46

I felt a bit like this as my first was a girl and I adored having her.

But let me tell you something, little boys are every bit as fabulous.

They feckin' worship their mums and you will never be so hugged and snuggled and smushed as you will be by your little boy.

Congratulations, you are all going to be so happy smile

claireyfairey1975 Wed 23-Sep-09 21:17:31

Baby boys are so lovely and their nappies are so much easier to change and they are so much more affectionate to their lovely mummy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now