Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Normal to stink of BO at 18 weeks?

(11 Posts)
TotallyAndUtterlyPaninied Wed 23-Sep-09 13:06:28

I'm 18 weeks and literally within 45 minutes of having a shower and spraying anti perspirant deoderant I stink of BO. It's my whole body. Mostly arm pits and fanjo though. I've never had this problem before and it's really getting me down, it's so embarrassing.

I work all day most days and I feel like people are noticing. I'm getting very paranoid about it, too. As soon as I get in from work I have another shower/bath and wash my clothes but nothing helps.

Any help?

jardins Wed 23-Sep-09 13:30:25

I totally agree with you! I'm having the same problem in the same areas! I'm at 22 weeks now and I think it's fair to say that it comes and goes. I too have a shower twice a day and have had to wash my tops every day which is not very convenient as I don't have many maternity clothes. Sigh! I know what you mean about worrying about people noticing. I just take a deodorant where ever I go and wash my armpits when nobody's watching!blush This morning I was amazed to notice how a couple of hours after my shower I started smelling of BO! Yukkkkkkkk! The thing is that I live in Tours in France and whilst it is truly wonderful to have radiant sunshine and hot weather (this summer it was upto 40°C - too much!!!) it does not help my smelly armpits! At least in winter we will be a lot more comfortable.

corblimeymadam Wed 23-Sep-09 13:34:43

Message withdrawn

KirstyAnn Wed 23-Sep-09 16:47:26

TotallyAndUtterlyPaninied I stank for the whole pregnancy! I wondered why I stank so bad before I realised I was pregnant and went through most of Boots.

Not a lot I found helped. You are showering a lot, wear loose cotton clothes and try not to hug many people.

A big sweaty face seemed to be the default for me!

You are doing all you can, so try not to be too worried about it x

sandyballs Wed 23-Sep-09 16:51:53

At first glance I didn't realise this was a pregnancy thread, I thought your 18 week old baby had BO grin

Gizboss Wed 23-Sep-09 17:18:29

I sympathise - I still feel a bit stinky at 33 weeks. Let me recommend a brilliant deodorant to you though - it's a Tesco own brand roll on with a blue top - found it by mistake and it really works. It at least helps the armpit situation if not the other...

MandaHugNKiss Wed 23-Sep-09 17:28:21

Also, bear in mind that our noses are often more sensitive during pregnancy and, well, we're closest to the odour... so, it could be that although we are sweating a bit more than normal (perfectly natural given our elevated body temperature etc) we're often more unkind to ourselves than other people even begin to notice given our super-sense and location ;)

So try not to worry tooooo much!

underactivethyroidmum Wed 23-Sep-09 17:56:02

I can thoroughly sympathise - at 17 weeks I'm having problems with my own 'smell' although no one else seems to have noticed grin !!!

I've found wearing panty liners helps as does wearing extra strength deoderant and then topping up with body spray every couple of hours blush

TotallyAndUtterlyPaninied Wed 23-Sep-09 19:34:02

Well at least it's not just me. But oor all of us stinky people. I've not been bad today but I know it'll be back tomorrow. I have stinkyitis I think grin

carrielou2007 Thu 24-Sep-09 21:02:31

Another whiffy one here grin I think it is more that our noses are super sensitive, I remember when expecting dd (didn't know at the time as didn't find out until 10 weeks) going bonkers at her dad asking what his smelt of and it was he had used a difference mouthwash grin

As for downstairs I normally have a brazillian wax but stopped now (25 weeks). I use string pantyliners (have never understood them before) but MW did say they can irritate you even more. I have a few frshen ups with babywipes in the day when I'm at work.

somethinganything Thu 24-Sep-09 21:13:27

yes, yes, you're absolutely right. I'm 18 weeks too but weirdly hadn't consciously acknowledged that I've been putting on deodorant a couple of times a day. Really rare for me to get sweaty at all but have been sweating like mad over the past few weeks. At least I now know it's not here to stay...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now