Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What other reasons for a missed/late period?

(6 Posts)
Ozziegirly Wed 23-Sep-09 04:01:44

I am currently on CD30. I normally have a regular 27 day cycle since coming off the pill 4 months ago.

DH and I had sex at the right time this month.

I took a clearblue digital pregnancy test on Tuesday (yesterday) (1 day late) and it came back as "not pregnant".

Still no AF though.

I have no pregnancy symptoms at all (although I have never been pregnant before to compare it!).

So what else could be causing this lateness? I haven't been stressed and am not on any drugs/medicines.

Has anyone else missed a period with a neg HPT and no symptoms and then gone on to be pregnant? <hopeful emoticon>

Longtalljosie Wed 23-Sep-09 06:58:46

Well, you're right about stress being one factor - the other is that I found after I came off the pill my cycle length changed after about 4 months, which is a good thing I think, a sign your body is properly flying solo without the pill's influence any more.

Or... you could be up the duff of course! grin Clearblue's pretty sensitive but try again in a couple of days

EldonAve Wed 23-Sep-09 07:04:14

Did you do the test first thing in the morning?

With DC 1 & 2 I needed to be a week late before I got a +ve on a high st test

Ozziegirly Wed 23-Sep-09 07:14:25

Yes I did the test first thing.

My plan is to not test again until Saturday if AF still hasn't arrived by then. I may have gone mad by then though.

And yes josie, I wondered if it was in fact my body just getting into a real ovulatory cycle, which is possibly longer than the last few (tut - what a waste of all that bonking over the last few months.... smile )

Ah well. I don't really feel I am pregnant - I know those tests are really accurate. I'm just clutching at straws really.

BlueChampagne Wed 23-Sep-09 12:48:17

My first test lines were extremely faint. It can take a while for the HCG levels to build up in the body. I didn't 'feel' pregnant but was!

Otherwise, a lot of exercise can mess with your cycle.

Fingers crossed for you.

Ozziegirly Thu 24-Sep-09 00:13:35

Thanks for your messages - was false alarm and am now CD1.

Ah well, another month, another chance...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now