Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Calf muscle cramps! Any advice?

(6 Posts)
BrandyBaby Wed 23-Sep-09 03:33:17

At night I get horrible cramps in my calves

Luxmum Wed 23-Sep-09 08:03:54

It's magnesium deficiency. Same as if you werent preggers. Eat a banana a day, or else like me, get your Dr to give you a magnesium tonic/tablet to boost your system. They're a pain in the hole/leg, I get them almost nightly, v annoying and unpleasant.

Duritzfan Wed 23-Sep-09 13:33:51

Luxmum's right - I had awful cramps in pregnancy - they reduced dramatically when I started a magnesium supplement .

Good luck x

snapple Wed 23-Sep-09 13:37:50

brandybaby they can also mean that you are suffering from dehydration - I get them after I am sick a lot (lots of vomiting - sorry if tmi) and sure enough when I was suffering from dehydration.

Drink lots of water - as well as the magnesium.

Water really helps with mine and if I am busy and don't take enough fluids then my cramps can be severe.

Good luck x

Jemima123 Wed 23-Sep-09 14:22:57

I got them bad too; drinking lots of water and bananas were a fave food too. I found that moisturiser massaged in before I went to bed sometimes prevented them. I've not had them for a few weeks now though, so I think I was more prone earlier on. Now can't sleep full stop!!

Gizboss Wed 23-Sep-09 17:21:53

I posted about this last week and got really good advice. I'm now taking magnesium supplements and making sure I drink enough and so far so good - haven't had one since Friday and was having them every night. Hope it works for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now