Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

S?awwright darling it?ll be fine?

(6 Posts)
TheChablisChaChaCha Tue 22-Sep-09 18:22:44

Gah! Have written a long version of this but it was incoherent nonsense and bogged down in detail. Am using a pseudonym btw as I'm slightly blush about being so gung-ho when at my age I really ought to know better.

Anyway, in a nutshell:

Last period started on the 8th of this month. My cycle is about 30 days long, give or take a day or so (bearing in mind that as I'm not TTC I don't monitor dates and whatnot that closely). On Friday night dp and I threw caution to the wind were drunk and had unprotected sex. In my drunken state I thought it?d be safe. I swear we never do this (have unprotected sex that is, not sex itself).

It's pretty unlikely isn't it, that I've conceived? I'm sure I had Mittelschmerz last night, which is what got me thinking but it only dawned on me today (again, blush ) that actually we may have taken a risk here. I've been through all the ovulation calculator type things on t'Internet, including here on Mumnset but they all vary a little. What's the MN-ers expert verdict (on the likelihood, not my fecklessness)?

Well, you usually ovulate on day 14 - which would be today - sperm can survive between 3 and five days... so it is possible.

How fertile are you usually?

The only way to tell is to wait.

Would it be a terrible thing if you were?

HeadFairy Tue 22-Sep-09 18:33:10

If it isn't too rude, how old are you? I could be reading too much in to my own fertility of lack thereof, but I can only get pg if I have sex either the day before I ov or the day of ov itself, as my eggs are so doddery now.... just you wait, I'll be having surprise twins when I'm 46 now!!!

TheChablisChaChaCha Tue 22-Sep-09 18:41:24

I have no idea how fertile I am tbh - dc was born nine years ago, when I was in my late-20s. I became pg that time first month after stopping the Pill, but that was such a long time ago.

It wouldn't be terrible, no.

Soooo, one drunken shag unprotected sex, not the most fertile time, late-ish 30s. People take ages and ages to get pg, even without actual fertility problems. I should probably put it to the back of my mind for now but my imagination is running away with me a bit!

TheChablisChaChaCha Tue 22-Sep-09 18:42:27

late-ish 30s = nearly 37 btw

smile

Wait and see then. You'll know one way or the other in a couple of weeks. Hope the answer ends up being whichever you want it to be grin

<suspects that there are no accidents!> smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now