Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

S?awwright darling it?ll be fine?

(6 Posts)
TheChablisChaChaCha Tue 22-Sep-09 18:22:44

Gah! Have written a long version of this but it was incoherent nonsense and bogged down in detail. Am using a pseudonym btw as I'm slightly blush about being so gung-ho when at my age I really ought to know better.

Anyway, in a nutshell:

Last period started on the 8th of this month. My cycle is about 30 days long, give or take a day or so (bearing in mind that as I'm not TTC I don't monitor dates and whatnot that closely). On Friday night dp and I threw caution to the wind were drunk and had unprotected sex. In my drunken state I thought it?d be safe. I swear we never do this (have unprotected sex that is, not sex itself).

It's pretty unlikely isn't it, that I've conceived? I'm sure I had Mittelschmerz last night, which is what got me thinking but it only dawned on me today (again, blush ) that actually we may have taken a risk here. I've been through all the ovulation calculator type things on t'Internet, including here on Mumnset but they all vary a little. What's the MN-ers expert verdict (on the likelihood, not my fecklessness)?

YouKnowNothingoftheCrunch Tue 22-Sep-09 18:30:38

Well, you usually ovulate on day 14 - which would be today - sperm can survive between 3 and five days... so it is possible.

How fertile are you usually?

The only way to tell is to wait.

Would it be a terrible thing if you were?

HeadFairy Tue 22-Sep-09 18:33:10

If it isn't too rude, how old are you? I could be reading too much in to my own fertility of lack thereof, but I can only get pg if I have sex either the day before I ov or the day of ov itself, as my eggs are so doddery now.... just you wait, I'll be having surprise twins when I'm 46 now!!!

TheChablisChaChaCha Tue 22-Sep-09 18:41:24

I have no idea how fertile I am tbh - dc was born nine years ago, when I was in my late-20s. I became pg that time first month after stopping the Pill, but that was such a long time ago.

It wouldn't be terrible, no.

Soooo, one drunken shag unprotected sex, not the most fertile time, late-ish 30s. People take ages and ages to get pg, even without actual fertility problems. I should probably put it to the back of my mind for now but my imagination is running away with me a bit!

TheChablisChaChaCha Tue 22-Sep-09 18:42:27

late-ish 30s = nearly 37 btw

YouKnowNothingoftheCrunch Tue 22-Sep-09 18:44:59

smile

Wait and see then. You'll know one way or the other in a couple of weeks. Hope the answer ends up being whichever you want it to be grin

<suspects that there are no accidents!> smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: