Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Colds/flu in pregnancy

(4 Posts)
stressheaderic Tue 22-Sep-09 18:10:19

First timer here....came down with my usual September back-to-school cold today, aches, sinus pain, sore throat, runny nose...normally I'd hotfoot it down to Boots and stock up on Beechams and Strepsils but the pharmacist there today said I could only take paracetemol. Can I really not even take Strepsils or use one of those Olbas inhalers, or was she just being cautious?

Feeling most sorry for myself tonight, with only a hot chocolate and a blanket to relieve the symptoms! What can I do? Got a busy day at work tomorrow inc a high-profile meeting, how can I get through it without looking and feeling like grim death?!

Picante Tue 22-Sep-09 18:13:16

I thought Strepsils were fine, - maybe use the Olbas drops on your pillow instead?

Inhaling steam is great too.

memorylapse Tue 22-Sep-09 18:18:01

lots of steam, olbas oil on a tissue or your pillow (its fine..Ive used it with 3 of my pregnancies) dont use the nasal inhalers, ust get the oil that comes out in drops. paracetamol and plenty of fluids..if your throat is bad, you can make your own honey and lemon drink smile

ib Tue 22-Sep-09 18:19:46

I've got the same and feeling very sorry for myself. I second the tea with lemon and honey, that's been helping for my throat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now