Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help! Newly pregnant and I've just launched the sofa trying to get to the puppy!!! :(

(11 Posts)
Herriot Tue 22-Sep-09 16:13:22

Hi, title says it all actually! 5 weeks pregnant with history of miscarriage and am now panicking that this will be number 3!
The puppy had something that he shouldn't, I 'forgot' that I'm pregnant - and just 'launched' (God know's how) the sofa out of the way to get to him.
Now everything hurts and I'm scared that this is it for this one - and I'll blame myself for ever!
Any advice? Reassurance needed!
Thanks
x

meemarsgotabrandnewbump Tue 22-Sep-09 16:18:55

Hi herriot

Your baby is still so tiny and well cushioned deep in your pelvis that it's really unlikely that moving the sofa could cause you to miscarry.

Not really sure what you mean by 'launched' though. Did you harm your abdomen. And where does it hurt?

crokky Tue 22-Sep-09 16:22:56

Your baby is teeny and really well protected deep inside your bone structure with all your stomach and organs as padding. Don't panic!

beautifulgirls Tue 22-Sep-09 17:08:50

Please don't panic - it is very unlikely to have any adverse effect on the baby. My now 5yr old was about the same stage when I launched myself (in a dry suit!) into a lake one December to help catch an injured swan having been up and down the side of same lake, several failed attempts to get it by other means and on/off a speedboat after teaching a kayaking session to a bunch kids before the swan fun.
Pleased to report the swan made a full recovery too and was released back to the same lake a couple of days later.

Herriot Tue 22-Sep-09 19:13:00

Sigh... Thanks girls - I realise that I really was being a muppet! It's just that if I do lose this one - well I'll always blame myself.
I have 'pulled muscle' pains in my lower abdomen, and it hurts, but I guess what will be will be.
Glad to hear that the swan was ok BG - cool save
The 'launch' - grabbed the end of the 3 seater leather sofa and moved it about 3 foot accross the room! That's adrenaline and crossness at puppy for you! lol...

hoops997 Tue 22-Sep-09 20:37:36

Hi herriot I had only just conceived and I went to Thorpe Park and went on ALL the rides, spoke to doctor about it and he said it was fine.......baby hadn't latched on yet and it probably helped it along!! Babies are hardy little things....anyway am 12 weeks now with healthy little alien baby grin

holytoast Sun 27-Sep-09 20:45:39

I'm sure you will be fine - try not to worry, but get yourself checked out if you can to put your mind at rest at least.

I have been carrying on as normal mostly - even went and did a week of kyaking, rock climbing, and backpacking right at the start of my pregnancy - I found out in vietnam, and we just carried on as normal, I even ate completly raw clams fresh from the beach! Now 10 weeks, feeling very pregnant and sure everything is fine.

also, this might be just my mad brain, but I thought the title of this post was a euphemism for something else...clicked on it to see what it meant!

LondonNinja Sun 27-Sep-09 21:18:16

I was punched hard in the abdomen at a few weeks (before I knew I was pregnant!) – I should point out that I do martial arts wink, and I am now due to give birth next week.

Hope you are OK. Get checked if you are really worried but chances are, your 'launch' won't have done any harm smile

MandaHugNKiss Mon 28-Sep-09 12:43:54

When about 6-7 weeks, waitressing, I fell down two steps whilst holding a tray of food/drinks. My initial instinct was to save the tray and so held it out flat as I fell...straight onto my stomach.

DD is 14 now. :D

Please try not to worry too much and rest up. Have a chat with your GP to put your mind at rest but there's every chance you'll be joining our ranks of an 'omg! But you're pregnant!' event not making one iota of difference to the pregnancy :D

stareyes76 Mon 28-Sep-09 15:16:59

hey really don't panic. i have a border collie who i lifted up the stairs and i often forget im pregnant. im 25 weeks pregnant and last week moved an outside bench with metal sides. totally forgot i was pregnant. stupid now im showing but it can't be helped. my doctor told me to think of those women who lifted hay bales etc. this didn't help me settle my mind at the time but if you really think about it everyone does things they should not do pregnant.

easylife73 Mon 28-Sep-09 19:45:58

I carried my stepson all around Dudley Zoo (quite hilly) when I was about 6 months pg and he was about 3. I had upset him somehow and felt I had to make amends, despite my MIL muttering to my DH behind me that I really shouldn't be doing that. Felt very achy afterwards but everything was fine. Swore I'd never do anyhting so daft again, and then went and carried DS1 up a steep hill in the middle of summer when about 5 months pg with DS2. Again, everyhting fine.
Try not to worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now