Talk

Advanced search

Am having a MAJOR BH.Tummy as been hard and tight for 30 mins so far!!!

(16 Posts)
princessmel Tue 22-Sep-09 14:14:16

Finding it hard to breath!!!

LuluMamaaaaarrrrr Tue 22-Sep-09 14:19:36

perhaps you should call the MW? the hardness should not last as long as that, and you should certainly not be struggling to breathe...

hairtwiddler Tue 22-Sep-09 14:26:10

I had one like that on Sunday, freaked me out big time...waves of them all afternoon then a really long one at DDs bathtime. I nearly rang the hospital. Was so overtired. It went as soon as I had a lie down. It's horrible though, sympathies.

LionstarBigPants Tue 22-Sep-09 14:29:48

Some of mine are making me breathless too, but they don't last 30 minutes. I'd think about giving MW a call. A warm bath may help loosen things up too. Good Luck!

princessmel Tue 22-Sep-09 14:32:52

Still going on, I feel hot and a bit breathless!! Can talk though

It's like I have a band tied very tightly round my stomach!!

Omg

Can't have a bath, have school run at 3, then supposed to be going to soft play hmm

NewbeeMummy Tue 22-Sep-09 14:52:53

call your mw - rather find out it's normal than worry

princessmel Tue 22-Sep-09 15:05:23

Ok, I feel a bit better. Have had a walk around the house.

That was wierd!!

princessmel Tue 22-Sep-09 15:12:17

dh is doing school run.

Tight again....these bh are very pesky! they don't even dooo anything! grrgh.

meemarsgotabrandnewbump Tue 22-Sep-09 15:15:15

Hi princess mel - how far along are you? I'm 33 weeks and having loads at the moment, really strong and gripping and some of them I'm having to breath through.

Baby lump looks really odd!

princessmel Tue 22-Sep-09 15:16:42

Hello I am 36 weeks tomorrow.

I have been having LOADS for weeks and weeks...
Every evening especially.

Never one that lasted an hour though.

Tummy is hard now.

meemarsgotabrandnewbump Tue 22-Sep-09 15:37:44

mine don't last very long, but are so frequent. Seems to be every time I change postition, eat or drink something, go for a wee - enything triggers one.

Mine actually seem better in the evening, unless I've been in one postition too long and then move.

At least I suppose it shows good strong uterus muscles smile Are you drinking raspberry leaf tea?- I am and wondered if that was having an effect.

Kingsroadie Tue 22-Sep-09 15:49:26

Hmm, I am 30 weeks and about 2 days ago I had almost nonstop for about 2 hours (approx every 2/3 minutes) - I was up and about and walking around at the time. When I got home I tried lying down and they seemed to ease off. Sorry - no advice as it's my first one but just wanted to share that I have had a long one too - I assumed it was normal ? as they weren't painful - just a tighness...plus they have stopped now although still get them obv every few hours.

and don't think lying down looks like much of an option for you! Hope you feel better...

meemarsgotabrandnewbump Tue 22-Sep-09 15:51:35

everytime I come back to this thread I get another one! Just thinking about them is setting them off grin

bigstripeytiger Tue 22-Sep-09 15:54:43

If your belly has been hard for nearly an hour then I would call your midwife, I dont think they are meant to last that long.

meemarsgotabrandnewbump Tue 22-Sep-09 15:57:48

yes do call mw if you are worried. It's probably fine but an hour is a long time for the tightness to last

princessmel Tue 22-Sep-09 19:23:45

Thanks all, it eased off after an hour and a bit. Then I went to soft play and just did sitting!!

I've had a few more normal length ones since I've been home.

I will mention it to the MW on thursday. If I have another mega one I will call MW.

What do you think could be bad about it being hard for so long btw? Nothing bad could happen to the baby could it??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now