Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any of you lovely ladies concieved with Clomid? Please share your success stories with me.

(15 Posts)
Littlemissmischief Tue 22-Sep-09 10:10:39

Hi,

I am currently ttc #2 and have just started my first round of Clomid. Im getting lots of help and advice of the conception threads but just wondered if anyone had any success stories they could share with me to make me more positive.

TIA X

Neon Tue 22-Sep-09 10:14:24

Hi - this might help
Mumsnet Clomid success stories

Duritzfan Tue 22-Sep-09 13:15:55

Hi - I conceived my ds with Clomid .. Good luck x

Littlemissmischief Tue 22-Sep-09 18:18:28

Thanks ladies, it really helps to hear it has worked for so many, the doc seems to think it is all we need as DH is fine and im ok apart from the fact of not ovulating very often so fingers crossesd! x

donandpea Tue 22-Sep-09 18:44:22

I had one round of Clomid in Jan 2009 after a HSG in Dec. Baby due 27th Oct good luck x x

Weegle Tue 22-Sep-09 18:56:51

I'm currently 22 wks pregnant with identical twins conceived on cycle 1 of clomid (despite being told not to expect anything in the first few months as I wasn't ovulating at all). We had been trying for nearly 2 years. I fell pregnant with DS (now 3) first month unassisted so I had secondary infertility.

pinkypanther Tue 22-Sep-09 19:21:31

I'm 17 weeks pregnant with our little Clomid baby (just the one though!). Was really down about our chances beforehand as had been trying for ages (and I have PCOS, with cycles up to 7 months long) but the Clomid worked first cycle, on the lowest dose - 50mg.

Lots of luck x

Littlemissmischief Tue 22-Sep-09 19:48:23

These stories are great thankyou, feel much more positive now!

Thanks for the luck donandpea, and good luck for your pregnancy!

Weegle - Oh my God!! Your story is freakily similar to mine! I had my DS (3 in a month) the 1st month me and my DP were together, without even trying and with no help so I too have secondary infertility, been ttc for nearly 2 years too and not ovulating so hopefully I will be just as successful smile

Pinkypanther - Congrats with the pg! Im on 50mg so fingers crossed!

Can i ask a personal question.. how often did you DTD whilst on the clomid, the doc said not every day but didnt really say how often?

Also did you all get the horrible side affects?

Thanks x

pinkypanther Tue 22-Sep-09 20:06:20

The leaflet the Hospital gave us with the Clomid said to DTD every 2 days, from Cycle Day (CD) 10 until CD 20 - so that's pretty much what we did! I think I caught nearer CD 20 than CD 10 though, and if I was doing it again I'd keep going until maybe CD 28 just to make sure.

I had absolutely no side effects whatsoever which was why I was sure it hadn't worked. A lot of people recommend taking it at night though, so any side effects take place whilst you're asleep...

Littlemissmischief Tue 22-Sep-09 20:11:27

Thats great thanks Pinkypanther, wasnt sure if taking it at night would make it work as well but I might try that now then!

I will keep the BDing up till late into my cycle then, thankyou x

Weegle Tue 22-Sep-09 20:52:23

I had stormer headaches - gee, thinking back they were awful. And I felt angry a lot blush. Oh and hot sweats in the night. I was so grateful to only be on one cycle of 50mg!

It was literally like my body just needed a helping hand getting kick started. And we too were advised every other day around the middle of the cycle but due to life events we managed it Day 8, Day 10 and then not till Day 17 - so technically we messed up. I thought there was no way I could be pregnant - so I was a little shocked to say the least! I think it was the Day 10 'event' that led to conception as we are expecting girls, but who knows?

Littlemissmischief Tue 22-Sep-09 21:14:10

Lol you defo sound like me Weegle! I have had a killer headache the last 2 days and I am so angry for no reason but the hot flushes have been my personal favourite (NOT) i now sympathise with my menopausal mum!

Wow you were very good to do it at the right time, think we will prob do it every other day for most of the cycle in the hope that we will catch it and that we are not too tired lol! x

shelinka Wed 23-Sep-09 06:02:12

I'm now pregant with DC3 - all three DC's conceived on 50mg clomid. DS1 on second cycle, DD1 on first, and also this DC on first.

I didn't have any side effects (thankfully), and we dtd from day 12 to day 20, every other day. Doc said not to do it everyday so that dh's swimmers had a chance to be replenished or something.

Tigresswoods Wed 23-Sep-09 07:46:50

Hello, happy to help. I am 17 weeks preggers with my first. We concieved on Clomid, 3rd cycle of 50mg (or whatever the dosage was?!)

I felt like it would NEVER happen for me and when it did it just felt so right.

Hang in there grin

Littlemissmischief Wed 23-Sep-09 10:19:35

Thanks Ladies, and good luck with your pregnancies!

These stories are great and making me feel much more positive! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now