Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is there any point seeing the doc?

(7 Posts)
eleanorsmum Tue 22-Sep-09 07:18:06

I have had a cold about 2 weeks ago (from DD!) and am now left with a really hacking cough which is causing me to not sleep great, though am 33 weeks so not slleping great anyway! I have been to the hops so much lately with other prg conditions and feel like I live at teh docs too!
TMI alert!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm bringing up chunks of yellowy green catarrh (sp!) when I cough and it hurts a bit too. Sounds awful when I cough but not really wheezy at all. So do I just assume its viral and will go eventually, wait and mention it to hosp next tues (week away) or go back to the docs again to get it checked out? Saw doc on friday last week who commented it was a nasty cough but didn't offer to listen to my chest, was there for antenatal check though!
TIA

Tambajam Tue 22-Sep-09 07:26:54

I think you should go to the doctors. Doesn't matter whether you are going quite a bit. The LAST thing you want is to be hospitalized with a chest infection. If you do get given antibiotics take some probiotics at the same time. Ask for a recommendation from your local health food shop.

Luxmum Tue 22-Sep-09 07:33:27

Um, duh, go to the Dr....I was kindly given a hacking cough from DS1, it was bronchitis, I was put on basic antibiotics and felt much much better. Why suffer for no reason, it will only weaken you when you need all your strength.
Plus, make sure your Dr is doing his job. Did he not check your ears, throat and mouth to see what you had? tut tut.

eleanorsmum Tue 22-Sep-09 07:43:05

Mmm my consinece (sp! again!) is telling to ring this morn and get an appointment. Thank you for nudging me in the right direction.

Dragonfly73 Tue 22-Sep-09 10:56:54

if you are coughing up coloured phlem like that, you probably have an infection. I would make an appointment at the docs. Sorry. i hope you feel better soon!

eleanorsmum Tue 22-Sep-09 13:34:40

went.

got chest infection.

got pills.

still coughing! hope to be better soon, thanks for telling me i should go. knew i should but been so often and everything!

Tambajam Tue 22-Sep-09 18:31:41

Get well soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now