Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Booking In Appointment

(7 Posts)
butterscotch Mon 21-Sep-09 21:32:28

When did you get yours?

This is my 2nd pregnancy due to an admin error my last pregnancy I had my 12 week scan before my booking in appointment!

I want to ensure its the right way around this time I also had some complications in my first pregnancy that I want to discuss before my scan hmm so I told the doctor at 6 weeks, I'm now 8 weeks would you wait another week or call this week to try to book yourself?

stressheaderic Mon 21-Sep-09 21:40:47

I had scan at 12 weeks and booking-in at 15 weeks as midwife was on holiday!

MrsHappy Mon 21-Sep-09 21:43:11

I don't think it is a problem to have the scan first - in fact that is how it has been with both of my pregnancies (at 2 different hospitals).

notcitrus Mon 21-Sep-09 21:52:16

Mine was at 21 weeks! When they gave me the date I was 15 weeks and I asked if I could therefore have an urgent appt, but was told that was the urgent appt...

Luckily I could still book a 20-week scan as that was a different dept. That ended up being at 23 weeks because I had to rearrange.

PennyScotia Tue 22-Sep-09 17:38:49

I would chase it up if I were you! I called to arrange my booking-in at 5 weeks and was told "you're a bit early, someone will get back to you" - four weeks later I still hadn't heard anything. I called back to check what was happening and was told that this was the wrong number and given another one to phone. The earliest appointment they could give me was in another month (i.e. 13 weeks) which I had last week. I was then told I would get my dating scan asap - didn't hear anything so called the hospital today who said, "oh yes, it's this Thursday". I wish I could develop the power of clairvoyance as well as my magic new sense of smell smile

cluckyagain Tue 22-Sep-09 17:46:12

AFAIK the booking in appointment IS after the 12 weekish scan,...well in my 3 it was. It's at approx 14 weeks when the heartbeat can be heard and first bloods are taken for Rhesus etc.

first1 Thu 24-Sep-09 15:03:15

my booking in is at 9.5 weeks and scan at 12. why don't you ring to confirm?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now