Talk

Advanced search

Am 37 weeks pg. Lots of baby movements. How do you know if there is something wrong?

(13 Posts)
HalfMumHalfBiscuit Mon 21-Sep-09 19:05:22

Hi, felt like I have a pulled muscle on left hand side of bump. Rang midwife on delivery suite and she said to take a paracetamol and see if it went away. It did go away.

The pain is back a bit now and the baby seems to be moving around lots.

How do you know if the baby is in distress? Seems to be moving around lots more than normal. I feel a bit weak and uncomfortable with all the movements low down.

Otherwise have had v healthy pregnancy. Had ECS last time.

Anyone have any advice?

HalfMumHalfBiscuit Mon 21-Sep-09 19:39:30

please

Bleatblurt Mon 21-Sep-09 19:41:57

Go in and get checked. It doesn't matter how many people post that it sounds like everything is fine, you will still sit and worry, tis the way of the pregnant woman wink. Best just to go get seen then you can come home and relax. smile

TwoManyFallsAndYouGetABadScore Mon 21-Sep-09 19:43:10

If if the baby is moving round a lot it should be a good indication that all is well. Can you ring your community midwife to put your mind at rest?

TwoManyFallsAndYouGetABadScore Mon 21-Sep-09 19:43:44

They might suggest you go in to be checked, just to put your mind at rest

FabBakerGirlIsBack Mon 21-Sep-09 19:44:33

If baby is moving more than normal for you then you need to be checked.

HalfMumHalfBiscuit Mon 21-Sep-09 19:45:55

thank you butterball. will ring. bit difficult to go in as will have to drive and DH looking after DS. will sort something out.

Am worrying. Movements not so intense now but still there.

rubyslippers Mon 21-Sep-09 19:48:24

i think you should call

if it is any consolation i have a VERY active baby so you need to judge a change in movements on what is usual for you as well

If you are in pain, and paracetamol isn't helping then that is another reason for a call

let us know how you get on

SgtAngua Mon 21-Sep-09 20:06:46

Hi, I'm also 37 weeks & am convinced mine is trying to break one of my ribsgrin.
If the pain is still there of course you should have the midwife check it out. The MWs always say to call if there are any changes to the bumps normal behaviour. Anyway thw stress of worrying about it can't be good for either of you.
Let us know how it goes. smile

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 22-Sep-09 09:54:49

HMHB - how are you and the baby today?

HalfMumHalfBiscuit Tue 22-Sep-09 10:14:41

Hi. Thanks for the messages.

We went to the delivery suite yesterday after I called in they wanted to monitor me.

We arrived about 9pm. Got hooked up to baby heartbeat monitor for 30 mins. It also showed I was having braxton hicks every 5 mins!

I'm fine, the baby's fine. Had some ketones in urine but probably due to dehydration. Dr also checked my CS scar was not ruptured etc.

They also checked to see if I was dilated. Thankfully I was not. We were back hope by about 11.30pm and had a bit of a lie in this morning.

Think the pain is a pulled muscle. Have been told to rest up today.

So some internet shopping today for me I think!

Thanks for all your help. Its hard to know what to do in these situations but it was right to get it checked out.

TwoManyFallsAndYouGetABadScore Tue 22-Sep-09 10:31:38

glad that everything is fine - treat yourself to a lazy day today smile

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 22-Sep-09 10:40:23

That is great.

Take care and go back if you are worried again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now