Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Antenatal care at Hospital A, care for existing health conditions at Hospital B - will the NHS cope with this?

(6 Posts)
QuietlyTTC Mon 21-Sep-09 16:47:28

I'm booked in for antenatal care at Hospital A

I have ongoing appts for other health conditions Hospital B

I don't want to transfer these appts across but will they manage to communicate with each other?
(my other conditions will affect my pregnancy and delivery)

HazeDB Mon 21-Sep-09 19:46:18

I'm no at 28 weeks in my 1st pregnancy and in the same situation. My antenatal care is dealt with at one hospital and my pre-exsisting condition at another.To add complications they are also under different PCT's.

Once i had given my antenatal consultant my nuerologists details they have kept each other informed by letter.
I think they are to make a joint decision about how I'm to give birth when i get to 36 weeks but so far it all seems to be going along fine.

I do have to ask more questions about any new symptoms and which condition they relate to. But then both consultants seem to agree that if i show any i have to be checked for both conditions

QuietlyTTC Mon 21-Sep-09 20:06:34

Thanks HazeDB - they are also in different PCTs

Sidge Mon 21-Sep-09 20:33:45

If whoever you see at hospital A knows who you see at hospital B they can copy them in to all correspondence. However this will rely largely on you giving the people you see at hospital A the details of those you see at hospital B so they can be added to the typists distribution list.

Northernlurker Mon 21-Sep-09 20:42:36

As others have said, letters will be sent but DO NOT rely on this! If possible ask that all letters are copied to you as well. You can then keep them with your maternity notes and will have them for any appointments. Keep the contact details for both consultants with you as well.

QuietlyTTC Tue 22-Sep-09 09:35:06

Thanks both

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now