Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

URGENT!!! Acid indigestion and no gaviscon/similar! Help!!!

(47 Posts)
PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sun 20-Sep-09 21:29:13

I think I might actually be sick it is hurting so bad. I have taken my last rennie (gaviscon prescription still at gps as I did not get round to picking it up last week and now out of that too). I have tried drinking milk and it is not working. I am knackered and can't face laying down if it does not go away!

Suggestions are needed quick quick!

corblimeymadam Sun 20-Sep-09 21:36:13

Message withdrawn

pushmepullyou Sun 20-Sep-09 21:36:25

bicarb? soda water? peppermint tea?

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Sun 20-Sep-09 21:38:38

Have you got anything fizzy? lemonade etc? Might help.

I had god awful indigestion with both pg's. Not nice. You have my sympathies.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sun 20-Sep-09 21:40:05

LOL, yes, my stomach is not my friend this pg!!! It has been bearable, from time to time this acid, but last couple days, it is horrible horrible! Last night, we had a curry as we have been decorating. I thought, that will be fine, with some antacid, but Nooooooooooo I could not eat it!

I am 31+4! Only one day ahead of you my dear! And yes, starting to get a big round bump too now and it is really solid most of the time! There is little fat there now, just baby!

pushme Oh, I might have some peppermint tea in the cupboard, thanks I will go try that!

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sun 20-Sep-09 21:41:00

Oh and I have lemonade too did not think that would help....

<runs off to quickly swig lemonade while waiting for kettle to boil for peppermnt tea>

PacificDogwood Sun 20-Sep-09 21:41:08

Milk does not only not work, but can make things worse (DH can give fancy sciency type explanation for this, I can't wink).

What pushmepullyou said + try all night chemist if you can get to one? Lose clothing, recline semi upright?
All rubbish, I know.
Things like Ranitidine/Zantac work and are allowed too, BTW. Also Omeprazole/Lansoprazole etc are ok too.

Hope you feel better soon.

Mybox Sun 20-Sep-09 21:41:43

Natural yoghurt

MrsHappy Sun 20-Sep-09 21:42:11

Try a banana (might help but not as good as gaviscon!) and sleep sitting up. HTH

lucykate Sun 20-Sep-09 21:43:33

you could try eating a banana. dh has a stomach ulcer and when the pain gets bad, he's found bananas to help.

Deemented Sun 20-Sep-09 21:45:26

Have you got any LoveHeart sweets in?

Sounds daft, but they really do work!!

lucky1979 Sun 20-Sep-09 21:50:59

Sipping ice-cold water is a temporary fix for me, but recommend you do this while someone else runs to a 24 hou garage and buys you Gaviscon.

lucykate Sun 20-Sep-09 21:55:17

or chewing gum, something with sorbitol in it. sorbitol can act as a laxative, may help get whatever is causing the indigestion to move on!

abbierhodes Sun 20-Sep-09 21:55:55

Milk works for me, surprised it doesn't for everyone!
Ice cream?

lucykate Sun 20-Sep-09 22:00:43

or bicarbonate of soda, a teaspoon in some water will help acid indigestion. that's probably why love hearts help as it's one of their main ingredients.

lucykate Sun 20-Sep-09 22:02:03

milk is not good for acid indigestion, dh has been told to avoid it.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sun 20-Sep-09 22:03:10

OK, vomitting worked blush grin

I had some lemonade and a banana, did not get as far as the peppermint tea.

I then threw up so violently I thought my eardrums were going to burst. All my tea, the lot. And it bloody hurt, i am guessing it was full of acid! [tmi, sorry blush.

Given that my body went hot sweaty and shivery just prior to being sick, I am wondering if I in fact have/had a little bug? I felt a little off colour earlier, but just put it down to tiredness and the acid making me feel rough hmm. I hope that is the lot.

I am now going to try peppermint tea as the acid is not completely gone, although there is some respite.

lucykate Sun 20-Sep-09 22:03:54

bicarbonate of soda is also one of the main ingredients of gaviscon.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sun 20-Sep-09 22:04:38

I think I have some bicarb. Its a very useful all round item to have in the store cupboard isn't it ? grin

lucykate Sun 20-Sep-09 22:05:20

oh dear, your poor tummy!

Grisette Sun 20-Sep-09 22:05:58

go for a walk, lots of water and bio yoghurt

lucykate Sun 20-Sep-09 22:08:59

bicarb is fab, i always have some in after being caught short late one night with a bad bout of cystitis.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sun 20-Sep-09 22:23:03

i love my dh. He had to drop a friend off home who borrowed our car as their broke - he drove to shops on way, realised he had no cash or card, borrowed cash off friend and drove straight back to give me a pack of rennies! (i know he did it so he could stop off at friends for a cuppa game of golf on xbox but I don't care! I am now going torn between bed and watching waking the dead on sky plus as I was in too much agony earlier to watch it!

PacificDogwood Sun 20-Sep-09 22:27:02

Awwww, well done, MrForgetfulCat!

Go on, watch Waking the Dead, quite good, but I HATE their cliffhangers, grrr!
Hope you have a good night!

pushmepullyou Sun 20-Sep-09 22:53:18

Hope you're feeling better smile

I had terrible indigestion all through my last trimester and know exactly what it's like. Sometimes being sick is the only thing that works!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now