Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pain in bits

(11 Posts)
LissyGlitter Sun 20-Sep-09 12:38:52

I am 32 weeks with my second and keep getting little sharp pains in my bits. Is there anything I can do to relieve them?

Mummy369 Sun 20-Sep-09 19:49:26

I think your baby is poking you down below. My DS2 used to do this and for weeks after he was born used to sleep with one arm raised above his head - and a finger pointing up! Unfortunately I didn't find anything to relieve the discomfort, but it did seem to lessen at night - probably change of position hmm

LissyGlitter Sat 26-Sep-09 14:45:28

After some consideration, I don't think it is the baby poking me. It is more like cramp in the actual muscles around my vagina (sorry if TMI!) It is enough to make me cry out sometimes, and occasionally I forget I am in public and try to put my hand against where it hurts blush

It tends to only be on one side too, could it be my pelvic floor giving up? I had a section last time, so it's not been weakened by DDs birth, although I did get to 10cm, so I suppose everything down there has been stretched a bit...

ErikaMaye Sat 26-Sep-09 17:26:54

Will be watching as I have the same thing going on but didn't know how to phrase it!!! Thanks Lissy! I think mine might be baby poking me though, as scan did show he had a hand up by his face and he's head down...

BellasYummyMummy Sat 26-Sep-09 17:48:47

i've had an 'achey' feeling down below but i'm only 17 weeks and this is my second. I feel it more when i've been on my feet all day. I think it's just engorgement of the tissues... lovely!

ohnelly Sat 26-Sep-09 18:23:13

My friend who only has a few weeks left gets this. Her midwife recommended a pregnancy band, to take some pressure off. Ive never tried one myself but might be worth looking into?

ErikaMaye Sat 26-Sep-09 18:29:17

Like a support band? I already have one of those - SPD is so much fun hmm - but haven't noticed a change... Hope it helped your friend though

LissyGlitter Sat 26-Sep-09 22:21:30

I thought about those, but keep putting off buying one, and now I'm so near the end it doesn't seem worth buying one, although I suppose it if stops the pain it would be...

ErikaMaye Sat 26-Sep-09 22:25:46

You should be able to pick them up pretty cheap - amazon or such like, maybe?

LissyGlitter Sat 26-Sep-09 22:57:04

But what size would I go for? My legs are about a size 10 or 12 in maternity jeans, but I fit pretty well in a size 18 normal hoody with the bump. I was about a size 14 or 16 before I got pregnant, but lost quite a bit in the first few months with morning sickness and all that.

ErikaMaye Sat 26-Sep-09 23:09:55

Well I'm about the same size as you, maybe a bit bigger, and mines 126-136cm. Dunno what that is in real money. Mine was given to me by a physio so suspect the sizes are different.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now