Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Oops!

(4 Posts)
funtimewincies Sat 19-Sep-09 19:43:43

I'm 30+6 and, oh dear, I might be getting a bit too laid back about what to eat in pregnancy.

I don't smoke anyway, I've drunk no more than 2 units a week, have avoided pate, stayed away from shellfish and unpasturised stuff and only eaten prawns that I've cooked myself. Apart from that I've stuck to my usual diet.

But today ds and I scoffed all the cake mix left stuck to the bowl and the spoon before I remembered about the raw eggs.

But it tasted sooooo good blush!

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sat 19-Sep-09 19:45:15

You and the baby will be fine

PrettyCandles Sat 19-Sep-09 19:46:43

Is ds under 5? Because if so you've broken the rule twice! Baaaaad Mummy grin.

S'OK, chickens are vaccinated. Raw eggs very rarely harmful, especially as they would have been freshly cracked. Prseumably the cake mixtrue hadn't been sitting round on a nice, warm, tray under bright lighting for a few hours.

funtimewincies Sat 19-Sep-09 19:52:03

No, freshly made. Cake mix doesn't get a chance to hang around for long in our house grin. Ds is 2.10 and has spent most of the summer chomping on carrots that have been picked from the garden and roughly washed under the garden tap. And I don't even want to think about what he hoovers up when we're at the allotment blush.

I'm a bad mummy all round aren't I shock.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now