Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

'Dropping' in second pregnancy

(4 Posts)
moonbird Sat 19-Sep-09 15:11:47

Hi, I have read that in first pregnancies you tend to drop a few weeks before labour but with second pregnancies, a lot closer to actually going into labour.

I have dropped at 36 weeks with second (yeah I can now breathe!).

Just want to know what others' have experienced second time round and if there was less time between dropping and going into labour.

Thanks

MamiBabi Sat 19-Sep-09 15:22:05

I too have dropped at 36 weeks with second baby - heartburn is a thing of the past but I'm walking like John Wayne and have the agony of nerve twinges in inner thighs to contend with. Strange really because this didn't happen with DS1, I didn't engage until labour started.

moonbird Sat 19-Sep-09 15:30:35

With DD1 I only noticed that I had dropped the day I went into labour. It just must be so different with each.

I'm with you, MamiBabi on the nerve twinges down legs and in hips, unfortunately I'm still suffering the heartburn.

Deeeja Sat 19-Sep-09 16:02:54

I dropped at 36 ish weeks, and am 39 weeks with dc5. Baby has been moving lower and lower though. Still waiting here, am resolved to go 1 week overdue now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now