Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

scan!

(6 Posts)
lisa85 Sat 19-Sep-09 07:39:39

will be 38+4 on monday, going for scan as baby is large.
don't know what to expect really , will they just say yep it's a big one off you go, will they give me exact measurements and just leave me to digest this info for remainder of PG, and how big will it have to be for them to say , you can't give birth you'll have to have a c section????

please help

Jennylee Sat 19-Sep-09 21:52:55

these things are not an exact science so they can't tell you either way, they are an estimate still.

bangandthedirtisgone Sat 19-Sep-09 21:53:47

lurks

alana39 Mon 21-Sep-09 10:01:56

I think if they know the baby is very big they might suggest c section, or induction so you can deliver before the baby's any bigger - or if it's not quite big enough to warrant that then at least the team will be aware during labour and will be able to step in sooner to intervene if needed if your labour isn't progressing or you are struggling to push the baby out.

arolf Mon 21-Sep-09 10:12:15

hi, I had a scan at 38 weeks, and was told my baby is a little bigger than average (or as my midwife put it 'he's going to be a BIG boy!'). hospital just told me he was big, but nothing more. I was given a printout with all the measurements, but I think they are fairly meaningless unless you are a midwife or equivalent! I'm now panicking at 40+1 that he is going to be huge, but nobody has mentioned any interventions so far.

oh, and I got some really cute pictures from the scan

lisa85 Mon 21-Sep-09 19:40:34

had scan baby is 8lb4oz so no immediate intervention but due to SPD having sweep a few days after due date to avoid assisted delivery.

thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now