Talk

Advanced search

12 Week scan - 1/16 Downs risk CSV scheduled

(3 Posts)
Dragonfly73 Fri 18-Sep-09 14:17:54

Hi all,

Just got back from my 12 weeks scan. I was so worried we were going to be told that the little bean was not viable (3 missed miscarriages in the past makes for a jumpy girl) I was so relieved to see the baby turning somersaults for the sonographer.

Things went a bit down hill from there though. We were told that the baby was positive for Ductus Venosus (a-wave) which apparently means the baby has a little backflow of blood through one of the valves leading to its heart. The sonographer also could not locate a nasal bone. The nose was clear on the shots but the bone was not showing up bright like it apparently should.

The Nuchal Translucency was 1.40mm which is apparently fine.

We have been referred to the Fetal Medicine Unit for a CVS on monday. We are not really sure what to make of scan results today though. Would love to hear from anyone who had experience of results like these . We are a bit bewildered at the moment.

lilysam Fri 18-Sep-09 16:20:27

Congratualtions on the PG - not surprised you were nervous about your scan.

Your NT level is really great smile How does the heart valve give you a 1/16 risk of DS?

There's another thread on here about the same condition and lots saying that the drs aren;t concerned about the valve at 12 weeks and it often corrects itself by 20 weeks.

lilysam Fri 18-Sep-09 16:22:06

"herewww.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/718556-39-Reverse-Flow-in-Ductus-Venosus-39-12-week-scan"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now