Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can stress cause an early miscarriage? Help!

(10 Posts)
Orangesarenottheonlyfruit Fri 18-Sep-09 11:52:09

I am nearly 7 weeks and am incredibly stressed. Suffice it to say that I am managing a major redevelopment on our house and in the meantime living with my parents. In the last couple of days we have had a variety of mishaps (builder knackered back, sparky with gout etc) that has meant much juggling and chasing around. I am also managing a 'difficult' relationship with my mother. I would normally relish a crisis and be all over sorting this out but instead am a mess. I have pains across my stomach and chest and cramps in my fanjo area. I am terrified that all this manic chaos will cause a miscarriage.

I ought to add that I have already got a DD and when preggers with her organised a festival under huge stress; I don't remember these kind of pains.

Please, please, any help or advice would be wonderful.

BarbieLovesKen Fri 18-Sep-09 12:04:08

Oranges - I really dont think so, I know for instance, that I was pregnant in Jan/ Feb of this year and was having a nice, relaxing time when unfortunately miscarried at 8 weeks.

I then became pregnant again in April and a 9 weeks found out my dh had been seeing someone else - I didnt eat for almost a week, couldnt sleep, cried my heart out, fainted on numerous occasions (once banging my head very hard on bathroom tiles), had bad cramps and stabbing in stomach yet (thankfully!!!!!!) I am now 22 weeks, and have a (hopefully) healthy and very active little baby growing inside me.

I dont think stress does these things to be honest, its nature unfortunately and as someone pointed out to me here, think of all the ladies who lost their husbands/ other halves in 9/11 that were pregnant who still went on to have perfect babies.

Relax and and give yourself one less thing to worry about xx

Hope you have a lovely pregnancy and things settle down for you x

alexw Fri 18-Sep-09 12:04:08

Try not to worry too much. I have been wondering the same thing and experiencing similar symptoms. (I have pains across my stomach and chest and cramps in my fanjo area) Am also madly busy at work and trying to juggle school drop offs/pick ups etc... Saw the midwife yesterday and she said not to worry too much. I also have a dd and had none of these symptoms when pregnant with her. I am 7+1. Hang in there. smile

Scorps Fri 18-Sep-09 12:05:34

Try not to worry. Women have had babies in war time. My nan's husband died when she was early pregnant with her dc3, all was fine.

Make some quality rest time, even just an hour in the bath.

Orangesarenottheonlyfruit Fri 18-Sep-09 12:08:34

Thanks so much for such speedy replies. You are all totally right, am probably being an idiot and stressing about stressing doesn't help!
Will go and eat some choc and not think about grand bloody designs for at least half an hour...

CrouchingTigerFeetHiddenBaby Fri 18-Sep-09 12:11:00

During the early weeks of this pregnancy both dh and I were under threat of redundancy, I was really unwell with hyperemesis and dh was admitted to hospital for a few days with a suspected pulonary embolism. The baby was fine, and is so comfortable now that she doesn't seem to want to come out (am overdue).

Like you, this is my second pregnancy and again like you I noticed a lot more aches and pains this time round. Your ligaments are stretching and your internal organs are being rearranged, it's normal to feel this more second time around and nothing to be concerned about.

Try and rest as much as you can, easier said than done I know but it really does help.

BarbieLovesKen Fri 18-Sep-09 12:14:18

Oranges - you are not being an idiot at all - you are just being a good mother worrying about your baby (unneccessarily i think!) but your right stressing about stressing doesnt help.

Orangesarenottheonlyfruit Fri 18-Sep-09 13:23:12

Thanks all. Just to let you know that I am popping into the docs this arvo, if anything just to put my mind at rest! Thanks so much for all the support I feel hugely better and must work on managing my stress levels.

BarbieLovesKen Fri 18-Sep-09 14:53:37

good. Let us know how you get on

Orangesarenottheonlyfruit Sat 19-Sep-09 10:17:02

Just to let you know, all is fine. Exactly as Crouching said, apparently you feel much more pushing around this time. Oh the joys of womanhood!

Many thanks to you all for your inspiring stories and comments.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now