Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

My sister is being monitored and scanned twice a week (38wks)

(9 Posts)
RealityIsNOTDetoxing Thu 17-Sep-09 18:02:51

Message withdrawn

RealityIsNOTDetoxing Thu 17-Sep-09 18:12:37

Message withdrawn

RealityIsNOTDetoxing Thu 17-Sep-09 18:33:55

Message withdrawn

FabBakerGirlIsBack Thu 17-Sep-09 18:38:58

I have no idea what is wrong but with my second I was scanned weekly and it was just great to see the baby lots and be well looked after.

I can understand the disappointment of not getting the birth she wants but in the future it won't really matter.

My first 2 definitely didn't go to plan but 8 and 6 years later I am just glad they are here.

I hope all turns out well for your sister and your new niece or nephew.

LuluMaman Thu 17-Sep-09 18:39:24

well, too little fluid can be quite serious, it is not something to be glossed over. have they said anything re the arteries? they might be looking for something ,, but need to clarify that with your sister. to little fluid

her cervix is unlikely to be ripe now at 38 weeks... they won't keep her in until delivery unless there was some real major issue, so it's ok she's been sent home

when is the induction being proposed for?

she can still push for homebirth BUT she needs all the info re the baby, fluid, brain /arteries before she pushes for anything, as she needs to make an informed decisoin

if she does need to be induced there are things she can do to make it better

if there is apotential issue with the health of the baby she needs to be clear on that right now and then decide re where she delivers

RealityIsNOTDetoxing Thu 17-Sep-09 18:44:58

Message withdrawn

RealityIsNOTDetoxing Thu 17-Sep-09 18:58:04

Message withdrawn

mcflumpy Thu 17-Sep-09 19:01:26

I had similar, was monitored every day for a week as baby measured small at 36 week scan (to determine is she was breech - she was) and fluid was also v low. They scanned again a week later and although baby had grown and size was OK, fluid had depleted more so she wasn't going to turn, and fluid was dangerously low so had to have elective cs at 37+1. Was initially disappointed at delivery type but in the end was very very positive experience for myself and my DH, you are right to focus on the healthy baby at the end, thats all that matters really.

Hope it all works out OK.

LuluMaman Thu 17-Sep-09 19:47:05

she should call the MW or consultant tomorrow and find out re the brain artery scanning

if all seems well with the baby abnd the low fluid is not linked with anything else sinsiter, then she could push for her homebirth,but without all teh info, she cannot reallydecide

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now