Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Where can I find decent maternity leggings and work trousers?

(18 Posts)
Squarah Thu 17-Sep-09 08:34:26

Apologies if this has been doen to death but I've just bought some Blooming Marvellous over the bump leggings and jersey trousers and they're both like Nora Batty's tights - lovely and soft but too baggy and not supportive enough. I may try to return them but need replacements urgently before doing that. They also seem to be going down a size on normal and still too big - and I am not shrinking!!

I'd also like some nice trousers which could be for work or leisure/ perhaps tweedy?

Cheers for any tips.

ScummyMummy Thu 17-Sep-09 08:43:55

gap
h&m
asos.com
topshop
ebay
how far along are you? Can take time for those over the bump one to fit properly, ime.

lucky1979 Thu 17-Sep-09 09:35:55

I have pretty much lived in my Topshop maternity leggings, they're the most comfortable thing in the world!

I've also loved their jeans, but been less impressed with their work trousers, they were SO under the bump I needed a maternity band even with longer tops.

ASOS maternity under the bump jeans have been my favourite so far, so their work trousers might be good as well?

londonlottie Thu 17-Sep-09 09:53:51

Message withdrawn

ErikaMaye Thu 17-Sep-09 10:18:15

I've actually just bought ones from Primark and Peacocks that a size / two sizes larger and they've been fab. (I'm a cheap skate grin)

Kingsroadie Thu 17-Sep-09 11:46:22

I really rate the Gap and M&S mat leggings - they are under the bump though (which I prefer). M&S - I am usually a size 8 and although I have probably increased a little round the hip/bottom area (and would probably buy a size up) the 10 is still too big at M&S so I would go with your normal size. Gap - again I would also go with normal size as I can't bear baggy leggings - they drive me mad!

overthemoon2009 Thu 17-Sep-09 12:08:58

I got some maternity trousers in Mamas and Papas. They are very nice, a kind of dark grey check, wide-ish leg with a turn up. Here they are. They are a bit like mens' trousers and could work well as work trousers, or with converse and a warm jumper at the weekend. They have easticated panels in the waistband and are under-the-bump. But the sizing on my pair is strange and I need to take them back. I bought a 10 and they are massive - they are more like a 14 or 16. It may be that this is an odd pair with the wrong label on though, because I've tried M&P jeans on before and the 10 usually fits me (in normal clothes I am usually between a 10 and a 12).

Gap maternity have some work trousers too, with the under-the-bump band around the top.

overthemoon2009 Thu 17-Sep-09 12:10:41

lucky1979 which asos jeans do you have? i have seen them recommended on others posts. how is the sizing - on the big or small side?

lucky1979 Thu 17-Sep-09 12:35:37

overthemoon2009 - I've got these ones. I'm always a 10 with ASOS, got a 10 in them, and they still fit me perfectly at 32 weeks. My only gripe is they had to be taken up as I'm 5'2 but if you're taller they should be fine.

LoveBeingAMummy Thu 17-Sep-09 12:37:51

I had some fab work trousers from new Look and loved thei mat stuff

overthemoon2009 Thu 17-Sep-09 12:46:07

lucky1979 thanks! i have been looking for some skinny jeans. i've tried topshop ones, seraphine ones, mamas and papas ones, but can't get the right fit. hopefully i'll have more luck with asos.

preggersplayspop Thu 17-Sep-09 12:46:58

I have some fab over the bump leggings from Debenhams, £12 I think and really comfortable.

Just got some work trews from Mothercare (£30), which have an over the bump band and they are a smart, bit stretchy, black. They come in various lengths which is useful as I am tall.

I do have some under bump ones from Topshop which were good to start with but end up really tight and uncomfortable when you get bigger.

Also have some pricier ones from Isabella Oliver which are lovely, all stretch, but they are going a bit bobbly which is a bit disappointing.

I go with normal size as well, as they definitely make them bigger. The mothercare ones for example have plenty of room to grow into (and I'm 7 months pg!)

MrsMc82 Thu 17-Sep-09 20:54:52

Love my mat leggings from next and got two pairs of decent work trousers from there too which are wonderfully comfy! X

mummy2t Thu 17-Sep-09 21:07:55

new look over the bump leggings £8.00 soooooooo comfy!!

Grumpla Thu 17-Sep-09 21:11:25

Over the bump leggings from H&M are pretty good, I lived in mine for the last three months and they washed really well, didn't go baggy or threadbare.

Had massive problems getting decent trousers long enough for me, but I did find Dorothy Perkins jeans more comfy than the Moda ones as they had a wider elastic waistband. The Moda ones had to be hoicked in pretty tight to stay up once I was in my third trimester and then the thinner elastic dug in. They were great earlier on though as they looked really 'normal'!

Issy42 Fri 18-Sep-09 01:04:43

I have the Next ones too but mine are baggy at the back of the knee. I got the cropped ones because I'm short so maybe the longer (and more expensive) ones are OK.

dal21 Fri 18-Sep-09 08:02:01

seraphine for both. The seraphine leggings are lovely (live in them on days I am not at work)

Bathsheba Fri 18-Sep-09 09:15:07

I've got over the bump leggings from Asdas and from New Look and they are both fab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now